Board index FlightGear Media

What/Where did you fly today? - Part 3

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

Re: What/Where did you fly today? - Part 3

Postby agough » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Today, I flew traffic patterns in a 707 using a phone's accelerometers for a yoke (DroidJoy for Android). Surprisingly not too hard to get to grips with! I must try the FlightGear specific one someone released recently some time.

agough

Callsign: G-OUGH
Version: 3.7

Postby V12 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:29 pm

From Dubrovnik to Funchal, over the central Italy :

Bye bye Gibraltar :

Clouds strait near Porto Santo :

Last edited by V12 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Great shots!
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby pavlin » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:34 am

This video is deleted because of the crappy landing of it's owner.
Last edited by pavlin on Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
During severe issues with navigation on FlightGear I will not create any type of content until I buy myself new pc. That might be in years from now.
pavlin
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2018 3.1

Postby Isaak » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:41 pm

I performed KLM642 from KJFK to EHAM today on VATSIM. Ihad ATC for almost the whole route: Boston CTR, Gander oceanic (which uses position reports for spacing as in real life!), London CTR and a fully staffed EHAA and EHAM (CTR, APP, ARR, TWR, GND) . I had to hold for 15 minutes at SUGOL, was vectored to the rwy 27 approach, had a cancelled approach clearance for adequate spacing. All together 40mins of delay because I had to wait 10mins after landing for taxi instructions, it was super busy. Only downside was that SB747 had a flaw during approach which erased the vatstats flight log. I was performing a scheduled flight for the virtual KLM VA, so I'll have to redo that in the future as it won't be accepted like this. I'll be glad if I can leave the super complicated SB747 connection to VATSIM behind when the new swift system finally rolls out. I thought of taking a picture of the multiplayer list when approaching EHAM, as it was quite busy. I've seen it even busier in the past (pilot list about twice as long), but this was also a very good test. And best of all: no performance issues at all. Our multiplayer system is really well designed :-) photo is very bad quality as I had to focus on flying: aviate, navigate, communicate, take photographs :-P

Flight log of part 1.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby V12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:36 am

pavlin wrote in Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:34 am:...Was terrible landing btw...

There is only one problem - You did not watched airspeed and stalled some meters above the runway.

Now, I'm flying with PMDG737 on FSX, That sim is very strict at touchdown. Vertical speed must be pretty low, my first 5 landings ended with crash. Flare, retard, speed and touchown must be perfectly timed. After some training I can land at Paro with PMDG737 without significant troubles.
When I was in fixbase simulator 737NG, in 27 kts gusty wind from south landed at EDDF 07R a bit hard, but plane survived :)
For fun check viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35007 :)
V12

Postby wlbragg » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:07 pm

@pavlin I actually enjoyed seeing the route planning and push back in action. I've never used either nor seen their operation, educational.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby pavlin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Thx, @wlbragg. Usually is not that big, but the taxiway here was far. Thank you again and Happy New Year!
During severe issues with navigation on FlightGear I will not create any type of content until I buy myself new pc. That might be in years from now.
pavlin
Retired

Postby pavlin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:23 pm

There is only one problem - You did not watched airspeed and stalled some meters above the runway.

I slowed down so it can start descend on RWY, if I did not it was going to blow me over and I was going to go around. Sometimes 777 in FG has the habit to not descend when reaches 100. The case needed me to be the bad guy so I can land. I am not still experienced in crosswind manual landings, I practice them not often enough and I still learn how to fly in complete live data weather. Since I got my new PC which I use for streaming and flying FG now I started using live data weather. I run into a troubles in the summer, so actively I started learning to land manually on Live data weather was September.
Forgive me for the bad landing, but if I did not slowed down it was going to go back up.
pavlin
Retired

Postby V12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:40 pm

It was not forgive, but only advice.
BTW, 777 has strange FDM lookslike has almost zero inertia momentum around Y axis. This is reason, why I don't fly with this beautifull plane. If You want to learn land full manualy quickly, download B707, it is probably best flying liner in the FG, You will fight hard with every her kilograms of the weight.

BTW - check this short FG tape - https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/jUIH5OKm/file.html, after many months I again piloted mighty Tripple Seven. IMHO, not very bad :)
V12

Postby pavlin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:09 pm

V12 I am not an experienced pilot. Please, do not advice me. I don't like anyone to advice me. I prefer self - learning. I am noob in VFR landings still, so I am still a baby in this staff. Give me time, do not criticize my experience. I learn slowly. That's my way of learning - slowly, but well, so I can make it in high quality.
pavlin
Retired

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:19 pm

shadowing American174 from KRDU to EGLL... we're somewhere up northeast of canada and about a kilometer distant from the craft... zoomed in to maybe a 10degree FOV... i wish i could show the blinking of the navigation lights in this shot ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:24 pm

pavlin :
OK.
V12

Postby SplitDecision » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:10 am

In the A-4K, flying at Nellis with the new Draken John McCain livery created by N-SCOT. Takeoff 03L, right hand turn towards the hills, some low and fast then some aerobatics. Did some attempts at hooking the arrestor wire on 03R and finished off with a full stop landing without hook to taxi up next to some F-15's.

Developing the RNZAF A4K Skyhawk for FlightGear. Download: https://github.com/FGMEMBERS/A-4K
SplitDecision

Callsign: SplitDec, NZStrik

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:20 pm

First flight of 2019 in the books:

Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

PreviousNext

Return to Media