Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Transponder properties

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Transponder properties

Postby WoodSTokk » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 pm

it0uchpods wrote in Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:09 pm:Wait what?
for me, overwriting knob-mode is needed, am I understanding that it should be mode-switch instead? or is knob-mode correct?

I am asking since I am modelling the Airbus XPNDR and the the GTX-327 garmin.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Correct, '/instrumentation/transponder/inputs/knob-mode' change the behavior of the XPDR.
On the 777 the 3d knob change '/instrumentation/transponder/mode-switch' abd this have absolutaly no influence on the behavior of the XPDR.

BTW: thx 4 your awesome work on the A32x.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Octal450 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 pm

Oh ok, so I understood you backwards. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your clarification, and glad you enjoy the bus :D

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby Isaak » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 pm

Et voila, the 777 has a functioning transponder. It's just been committed to fgaddon, so should show up in the launcher within 24h. Thanks a lot all for helping me out!

I didn't tie the 3D-switch itself to the correct property because that broke the TCAS functionality, as the transponder and TCAS don't need the same values in that property. Instead used a small nasal script to set the right property to transponder/inputs/knob-mode. I 'm still learning a lot, so if anyone has a nicer way of implementing this, feel free to give some feedback! I also used some nasal to interpolate the indicated altitude to the transponder altitude, as the default instrumentation/altimeter/mode-s-altitude-ft is tied to the true altitude instead of the indicated altitude. This is in no way possible IRL, so I decided to recalculate the correct altitude myself. Feel free to comment on that too!

Kind regards,

Isaak
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby WoodSTokk » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:21 am

BEL ISAAK wrote in Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 pm:Et voila, the 777 has a functioning transponder. It's just been committed to fgaddon, so should show up in the launcher within 24h. Thanks a lot all for helping me out!

You're welcome!

BEL ISAAK wrote in Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:57 pm:I also used some nasal to interpolate the indicated altitude to the transponder altitude, as the default instrumentation/altimeter/mode-s-altitude-ft is tied to the true altitude instead of the indicated altitude. This is in no way possible IRL, so I decided to recalculate the correct altitude myself. Feel free to comment on that too!

Right, i have forwarded the issue to the mailing list. Looks weird if you stay on LOWI with a elevation of 1900 feet and the transponder send 1400 feet :shock:
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby Isaak » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm

For future reference: I understood the concept of pressure altitude wrong. The implemented behaviour in FlightGear is correct: it transmits the altitude at 29.92 inHg.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Previous

Return to Aircraft