Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby sidi762 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:18 am

Hi,

Just curious, is there any plans to update the external model? It's not quite precise at this point.

Best regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Octal450 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:25 am

I do not think so... the "official" 777 devs have disappeared for about a year now IIRC. Quite sad, there is lots of potential here.

Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby sidi762 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am

it0uchpods wrote in Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:25 am:I do not think so... the "official" 777 devs have disappeared for about a year now IIRC. Quite sad, there is lots of potential here.

Josh

I thought Issak was the new 'official' dev lol

Yeah, there is lots of potential of this plane... also 787 has a lot of them, too.

I wish someday someone could lead a team and take over the development. Maybe Issak if he wants to?

Whatever, my CDU project is waiting for the 'working example' of James Canvas CDU framework. For what I've learned so far, I think it's a nice framework and any extra work beyond that framework is useless and a waste of effort. However, I failed to make it work in this 777 and there are no any other documents I could refer of. Even the CDU in Gijs's 744 which uses the same framework is not working(FGAddon version). Any help on this is much appreciated. Other then that, I'm struggling to do the performance calculation part due to my limited time caused by my heavy school work. It's more difficult then I thought, but there is some progress still being made.

If anyone likes to make contributions to this project, please don't hesitate to contact me or just open a merge request/issue on Gitlab. Again, any help or contribution is much appreciated.

Let's make our old 'flagship' to become 'flagship' again!

Best regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Postby CaptB » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:27 pm

sidi762 wrote in Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:49 am:
it0uchpods wrote in Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:25 am:I do not think so... the "official" 777 devs have disappeared for about a year now IIRC. Quite sad, there is lots of potential here.

Josh

I thought Issak was the new 'official' dev lol

Yeah, there is lots of potential of this plane... also 787 has a lot of them, too.

I wish someday someone could lead a team and take over the development. Maybe Issak if he wants to?

Perhaps a breakdown of needed tasks in the form of a TODO list on the wiki page would make it easier to contribute?
Some systems are close enough to the B767 so the B777 might benefit from any development on my B767. The 3D model is also something I'd be willing to work on, all this however must wait since I'm pretty busy with the IDG A320 3d model and have no spare time.

Regards,
CaptB
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB

Postby Isaak » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 am

Hi there,

I 'm currently (slowly) improving the 777, mainly some systems as I don't have any experience with 3D-modelling. I agree that the exterior model could use a lot of improvement, so if anyone is willing to step in: nobody is gonna stop you! :) Next to an improved model I think some shader/effect work is welcome too, I 'm not familiar with it at all and it's far down on my 'if I find some time' list.

@CaptB: I 'll write a short TODO list of things I 'd like to improve in the (near or not so near) future, but please don't see this as a limited list: there's still tons of work until our 777 is 'finished' and I don't want to limit the efforts others are willing to make. I 'll definitly take a look at your 767 to see if we can lend a few systems :)

I know Sidi is working on an improved CDU, but the work seems indeed a bit dependent on James' and Gijs' framework: have you had contact with them, Sidi? I saw them at FSweekend but we didn't talk about it much. If I can be of any help, please ask!
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby Gijs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:31 am

BEL ISAAK wrote in Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 am:I know Sidi is working on an improved CDU, but the work seems indeed a bit dependent on James' and Gijs' framework: have you had contact with them, Sidi?

I've sent it to him yesterday ;-)
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby Isaak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:08 am

Hi all,

A quick heads up on the 777, because in the last couple of days a few parallel development processes have started and I want to make sure everyone is aware of this:
- legoboyvdlp has made a better lighting system and introduced ALS procedural lights (the system is ready to commit, this will normally happen tonight (CET))
- legoboyvdlp and others are currently finishing a better warning system, introducing more EICAS caution messages. Tonight we will have the GPL compliant sounds and this will be committed.
- HTlocal has added jetway support for the 777 (finally). This will be committed tonight too, after I 've reviewed the changes.
- HTlocal has started work on ground vehicles for the 777. Progress can be followed here.

Kind regards,

Isaak
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:35 pm

That's a great progress!

HTlocal has added jetway support for the 777 (finally). This will be committed tonight too after I 've reviewed the changes.

I'm confused. I believe 777 has the support of jetway already?

I've added the support of ramp marshall a while ago in my CDU improvement fork, you may also add it into your repository by just replacing the set-xml(can't recall the details, but I believe that's all you need to do)

Kind regards,
Sidi
sidi762

Postby Isaak » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi Sidi, I 'll take a look at your fork. I didn't commit anything from it yet, as I believed you were busy with the canvas framework.
Isaak

Postby sidi762 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Screenshots with new light system and EICAS. Really nice work!
sidi762

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 pm

At least the aircraft is visible at night now! (I didn't do the lightmaps, but increased the ambient brightness of the fuselage).

The EICAS is thanks to BombBird2001 :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:52 pm

I am getting this nasal error on the 777:

Code: Select all
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal      Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        at C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/runway-nd.draw, line 5
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map.nas, line 85
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map.nas, line 53
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map.nas, line 81
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/runway-nd.layer, line 5
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map.nas, line 198
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map.nas, line 406
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/runway-nd.model, line 24
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/navdisplay.styles, line 198
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/navdisplay.mfd, line 366
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/map/navdisplay.mfd, line 135
  561.04 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/globals.nas, line 119

any suggestions what is causing it and how to fix it?

Also, direct-to in the route manager seems to just leave it following the current route:

After deleting the intermediate waypoints, the active waypoint is no longer magenta, but white:

legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby I-NEMO » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:44 pm

Hi Folks!

This is I-NEMO; the original 3d Modeller of the B 777 Seattle.

I'm back after a long period of inactivity, since i'm busy with other 3d Modelling projects.
I see with pleasure that there are new software developments; I'm trying to reach out for Hyde, who worked with me for the first version of the aircraft.
I hope that I could get in touch with him soon, so that we might resume the Seattle's development. I already have a new version for the external part (ready at 90%), and - provided that a few conditions (related to ensure proper protection for the 3d model itself) might be met - I'll be happy to continue the FG development; but I do need Hyde on board, of course, since he was with me on this Project since the beginning.

My wish is that the Seattle developers might generate ONE single aircraft only, under Hyde coordination.

Greetings,

I-NEMO
I-NEMO

Callsign: I-NEMO
Version: 2017.2.1

Postby Octal450 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Greatings I-NEMO
Nice to hear from you again!

Hyde has been inactive for a while sadly, but BEL ISAAK and I have recently made improvements int he mean time. Hope you can accept contributes from others as well as the FlightGear project is built upon a collaboration. So even if Hyde is no longer available (which I hope is not the case), you will still be willing to contribute.

All the best regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby I-NEMO » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Hi Josh,

Developments are always welcome: but I'd really like that they could be managed in a timely and orderly manner; Hyde did an excellent coordination job. So let's wait a bit to see if he could be available again.

Regarding the 3d modelling (the external model) development: Just give me some time; I need to ensure that the new 3d model - once ready - can be duly protected: unfortunately, many, many, parts and textures of my original Cockpit 3d Model are nowadays 'included' in various aircraft, running on various Flight Sim platforms, without my knowledge, nor express consent.

I really hate this habit: so, for the new external model, I need to find a proper solution to enforce a decent protection: it takes a damn lot of time to develop a nice 3d model, and this posture - so common on the web - is against any fair play. As a professional 3d Modeller, I just cannot bear the "happy stealing" of my own Intellectual Property.

I-NEMO
I-NEMO

Callsign: I-NEMO
Version: 2017.2.1

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft