Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

What Aircraft do YOU Want to See in FlightGear?

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: What Aircraft do YOU Want to See in FlightGear?

Postby sffy6 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:01 am

a newer C172 like the C172SP (from 2001)
sffy6

Callsign: N340VI

Postby OK-F » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:44 am

Of course decent Fw 190D9
OK-F

Postby swampthing » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:43 am

I must be the only person who would fly an Air Tractor. ;)
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby tdammers » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm

Rather than adding more a/c types and then leaving them in a half-usable state, I would prefer some of the existing ones to be taken to the next level. I'm currently mostly flying the Twin Otter - excellently done, and versatile enough for anything from bush operations and arctic missions up to charter flights out of big airports. But it's quite slow, so for things like MP events, I'd love to fly something slightly bigger and faster, but not as big as a "proper" airliner like, say, the A320. The Dash-8 / Q400 or the CRJ700 are great fits, but they both have quite some quirks that I would love to see worked out. And I'd love to see a 400 series Twin Otter (with glass cockpit), though that's going to be a lot of work.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:14 pm

i agree with you about all the half-usable craft 100000+%, tdammers... especially when FG has 751* craft in its default hanger... craft that were created to give everyone plenty of craft to fly as well as giving them a starting point to develop the craft even further...

* 751 craft as determined by counting the *-set.xml files
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:22 pm

I like to have Boom SST.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Oswald » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:30 pm

tdammers wrote in Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:03 pm:Rather than adding more a/c types and then leaving them in a half-usable state, I would prefer some of the existing ones to be taken to the next level. I'm currently mostly flying the Twin Otter - excellently done, and versatile enough for anything from bush operations and arctic missions up to charter flights out of big airports. But it's quite slow, so for things like MP events, I'd love to fly something slightly bigger and faster, but not as big as a "proper" airliner like, say, the A320. The Dash-8 / Q400 or the CRJ700 are great fits, but they both have quite some quirks that I would love to see worked out. And I'd love to see a 400 series Twin Otter (with glass cockpit), though that's going to be a lot of work.

Look at that topic: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29260
The Q400 is being worked on, it is well advanced and worth to fly and test. it0uchpods and D-ECHO have done great work recently, testing is encouraged. Maybe you might like to join the still small test group? :)

Regards,
Oswald
Oswald

Postby tonghuix » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:59 am

I like to have Cirrus Vision SF50!
FG Manual Chinese Translation https://github.com/tonghuix/getstart-zh
tonghuix

Callsign: CPA112
IRC name: tonghuix
Version: next

Postby swampthing » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:04 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:14 pm:i agree with you about all the half-usable craft 100000+%, tdammers... especially when FG has 751* craft in its default hanger... craft that were created to give everyone plenty of craft to fly as well as giving them a starting point to develop the craft even further...

* 751 craft as determined by counting the *-set.xml files

The problem as we know here, is that people will develop what they want. Its done on their own spare time and they are not being paid and forced to make any certain plane but there is also a lack of cooperation sometimes and "don't change the type of FDM" which leaves many stuck in the current state since we try and respect other wishes. Until we play a little nicer we will have a lot of incomplete models and this is sad but it is the brutal honest truth and again we can't force the few developers we have to work on something they have no passion for.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Postby CaptB » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:03 pm

swampthing wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:04 am:we can't force the few developers we have to work on something they have no passion for.

Of course nobody can be forced to work on a project. But passion should not be the main reason.

It so happens that I like the Airbus A320 that I am helping the IDG with, however my sentiment for that particular aircraft was not the reason behind my decision. It was a pragmatic choice to slow down the development of my own project in favor of a more mature one which is also in active development.
The big picture of having a quality airliner for FG was more important than sentiment or passion.

There are some good aircraft in FG that can be made exceptional. You can help make it happen and some day, when those are done, it might be the turn of the aircraft you are passionate about to be made.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB

Postby swampthing » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:38 pm

Well you have a good attitude towards these things. Not all feel the same. It is what it is. Nothing we can do to change that but with few developers the chance that people will drop their project to help anothers is usually pretty slim especially if your time is very limited.
www.opredflag.com
swampthing

Postby CaptB » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:27 am

Sure, but what's there to drop. Many of those are not even projects, they are attempts at a project, sometimes along the lines of "I'm starting a project to make aircraft X but I don't know X(or anything), please help me." The others are by my definition failed projects, failed because either the main person behind it did not have the skill set needed to complete it on his own(the bar was set too high), or he failed to attract other to his idea(niche aircraft, etc)
Last edited by bugman on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire previous post.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB

Postby buzzinboo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Definitly the Boeing 737 MAX!
buzzinboo

Postby RobAndrew » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:44 pm

I would like to LEARN about developing these aircraft! Sure, there are videos online, but they talk WAY to fast and in another language! I need something that is NOOB Friendly! That way I can feel more involved in the Sim as well as enjoy it more!
RobAndrew

Callsign: G-RAND
Version: 2020.

Postby yanes » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:26 am

Most of documentations and tutorials are definitely in English, may be you don't even need to watch videos , at first levels you need only to ask , people will be happy to help and to give the right links to the right articles and examples .
To do something here you only need to Want to do it.its a great community .
yanes

Callsign: YANES
Version: 2018.2.2

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft