Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

GoFlight Nasal error when not even using GoFlight

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

GoFlight Nasal error when not even using GoFlight

Postby vanosten » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Hi

I noticed on next (2018.4) that I get the following Nasal errors in the console related to GoFlight. My question is: why does this code even get initialised, when I have no GoFlight hardware connected (I am running on a tiny laptop without external hardware)?

Code: Select all
GoFlight Nasal module load done
Volcanic activity off.
GoFlight MCP init done
Nasal runtime error: non-objects have no members
  at /home/vanosten/bin/fgfs_git/next/install/flightgear/fgdata/Nasal/goflight.nas, line 290
setWeight() - not supported for ufo
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Re: GoFlight Nasal error when not even using GoFlight

Postby stuart » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Hi Rick,

Hmmm. I think that's because James has added a goflight.nas to Nasal/ recently, and perhaps not realized that it'll be loaded automatically on startup. I think he should probably have it in Nasal/goflight so it has to be loaded explicitly.

I'll remind him :)

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Re: GoFlight Nasal error when not even using GoFlight

Postby Hooray » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 pm

FWIW, in and of itself, that won't suffice, as it would merely turn said file into a Nasal sub-module, which would still be loaded automatically during startup. Depending on the scope of the module, loading it on demand would make more sense.

As a matter of fact, Florent was once considering to implement support for "default" addon folders, so that certain addons could be shipped as part of the installer/fgdata (or even put in $FG_HOME/Addons).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Hardware