Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Tab doesn't change mouse mode and more

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Tab doesn't change mouse mode and more

Postby Gobbel » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:46 pm

System info:
FG version 2018:2.2

I recently installed Flightgear from the ubuntu repositories. Sadly it is hardly playable for me because I get problems with the mouse. I cannot exactly tell what triggers the problems. Most of the time everything is fine right after starting the simulator, but not always. Then problems start to occur at seemingly random actions. From what I tested it apparently always breaks when changing view (v) or resetting the view with ctrl+z, even if it wasn't changed before. Now here are the actual problems I observe:

The Tab key doesn't do anything anymore. I'm stuck with the pointer mouse.
    Dragging the mouse while right clicking doesn't pan the view but moves the camera up/down/left/right.
    The buttons on ingame menu popups only get 'selected' on left click. Clicking a button doesn't invoke its action.
    I can still control cockpit panels such as switches.

I never experienced any keyboard/mouse problems in any other applications. I have a German keyboard layout. I only tested with the default Cessna 172 so far and didn't change any mouse/keyboard settings. No joystick is detected in the joystick configuration menu (as it should be).

Any help would be much appreciated!
Gobbel

Re: Tab doesn't change mouse mode and more

Postby stuart » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi Gobbel,

My guess is that somehow you have toggled "Ctrl", which would cause the dragging while right clicking to move the camera. Normally if you drag using the right mouse button while holding down Ctrl it would cause the camera to be moved.

Given this, my guess is that your keyboard is somehow toggling the Ctrl key.

Sorry I can't think of anything else!

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby curt » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:22 am

This also happened to me once in the last day (never seen it before.) But I can't reproduce it now ... hmmm....
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby Gobbel » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:57 am

stuart wrote in Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:56 pm:My guess is that somehow you have toggled "Ctrl"

Thank you, that's exactly what happened. In the kubuntu system settings I had enabled the option to change the keyboard layout with "Both Ctrl together". I thought this could be doing weird things with ctrl. Disabling it just did the job, things are working now.
Gobbel

Return to Flying