Board index FlightGear Support

adding scenery  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

adding scenery

Postby willemjonathan » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi, i just added some scenery locations and they were confirmed and on the map in https://scenery.flightgear.org/map/?z=3&lat=0.0&lon=0.0 but they do not appear in the simulator for a week now and if i right click on it it shows nothing active on the server:

An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: flightgear.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /scenery/Objects/e000n50/e004n51/null.stg
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 404
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2018-11-16 20:13:41 UTC (1542399221)

any idea how long it takes to be added so i can see it on the simulator ?
willemjonathan

Re: adding scenery

Postby Catalanoic » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:41 pm

welcome to the FlightGear forum. You're trying to upload 3D object positions to the TerraSync scenery database, right? Do you upload it thorugh massive object import or just single static positions? If all succeeded with confirmation mail you need to renew your local scenery to get the new changes.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby willemjonathan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:36 am

yes positions, not the mass yet, i added about 4 locations the past 2 weeks they do show up on the scenery map but i tried to download it several times, deleting all scenery several times to make sure, and it doesnt show up, also when i right click on the object on the general scenery map i get the notice i copied before in my last message. It looks as if the object location isnt added to the sourceforce mirror where terrasync downloads its maps ? or do i misundertsand this.

http://flightgear.sourceforge.net/scene ... 1/null.stg
willemjonathan

Postby Alex H » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am

Hi

You may like to read this post, which I made when starting to add scenery - https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34913

I can fully understand your frustration at not seeing the changes you have made and not having a clue when you are going to see them.
Regards

Alex
Alex H

Version: 2019.2.0

Postby willemjonathan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:33 am

alex that is really interesting, but i dont think it is the offset for now (maybe later when i really see the objects ar implemented)( iadded 4 object locations, the 4 objects in it being different models) i think it is that the changes are not incorporated on the server yet...could that be ??? thanks for the help so far

if i have figured this out i could start to make antwerp a more liveable place in FG haha
willemjonathan

Postby Alex H » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:43 am

Sorry, I think you missed the part I tried to direct you to.

The database that holds all the scenery data is undergoing a 'transition' to another place / server / who knows what, and is taking considerably longer than anticipated.

So you don't see the results of your changes until an update is made. When these happen is a guess. It's very frustrating.

I'm adding wind turbines and pylons and would like to see that I'm doing it right, so that the person who updates the map for me doesn't have to repeat the changes (as was the case in the post I referred you to - over 50 updates required)
Regards

Alex
Alex H

Postby willemjonathan » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 am

yes i didnt understand everything about that first part about transition, thats why i focussed on the offset in your post...sorry lol, languages :) so there is no clear plan to do that ? so it could be weeks or months ?
willemjonathan

Postby Alex H » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:28 am

All I can say is just keep checking..............
Regards

Alex
Alex H

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:01 pm

willemjonathan wrote in Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 am:so there is no clear plan to do that ?

there is/was a plan and it was implemented... RL and other things got in the way of the developer handling this move... then you have scripting and how that can be a bit of a bear to deal with in sufficiently complicated scenarios...

willemjonathan wrote in Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:10 am:so it could be weeks or months ?

hopefully it won't be much longer...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Support