Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

OpenRadar error

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Re: OpenRadar error

Postby bugman » Tue May 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Ah, that's a lot more informative :) It looks very much like a Java issue, specifically a Gnome-Java integration issue. See the following for some fixes:

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:48 pm

i've sent wagnerw a PM of the post with the java error output... hopefully he'll drop by and let us know if we're on the right track in solving this problem...

in the mean time, i've also run some more searches, making sure to include MAC stuff... i'll be updating this post...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15260989/exception-in-thread-main-java-awt-awterror-assistive-technology-not-found
https://deciphertools.com/blog/2016-05-09-assistive-technology-not-found/

several links have said something like this...
Error when exporting (postits etc.) / java.awt.AWTError: Assistive Technology not found:
Try executing something like:

Code: Select all
sed -i 's/^assistive_technologies=/#&/' /etc/java-8-openjdk/accessibility.properties

which appears to be commenting out the assistive_technologies line in that accessibility.properties file... make sure where that file is located in etc/java* before blindly running commands like these... then adjust as needed to point to the right location...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby SolarCar123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 am

RJ5576 wrote in Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 am:You don't have execute permission on the file. Open a terminal, change to the directory containing your JAR file, and enter (without the quotes) "chmod +x <jarfile>". Then you should be able to execute it.

How do I change directories? I am having this exact same issue, but when I try entering these commands without entering the directory I get "-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ". I really want to use the act feature, but things keep trying to stop me.
SolarCar123

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:50 am

SolarCar123 wrote in Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 am:
RJ5576 wrote in Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 am:You don't have execute permission on the file. Open a terminal, change to the directory containing your JAR file, and enter (without the quotes) "chmod +x <jarfile>". Then you should be able to execute it.

How do I change directories? I am having this exact same issue, but when I try entering these commands without entering the directory I get "-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' ". I really want to use the act feature, but things keep trying to stop me.

'change directory' --> cd
Asume you are in your home directory and want change into the 'Download' directory thats inside your home.
$ cd Download

'cd' understands (like all programs) relative and absolute paths.
Asume you are in 'Download' inside your home directory and want to 'Video' located also in your home directory.
There are two ways. First, the absolute path (asume your home is '/home/solarcar'):
$ cd /home/solarcar/Video

You can recognize a absolut path by the leading slash!
And second the relative path:
$ cd ../Video

The '..' stays for 'one directory upward'.
If you want anything in your home directory, there is a third method:
The shell interpret the tilde (~) as your home directory. It doesnt matter where you are in your filesystem, you can do:
$ cd ~/Video

If you want in your home directory back, doesnt matter where you actualy are, use 'cd' without argument.
$ cd

To see where you are actually in your filesystem, use 'parent working directory'.
$ pwd
/home/woodstokk

If you want see whats in the actual directory, use 'list'.
$ ls

If you want see who you are, use 'whoami'.
$ whoami
woodstokk

Many commands have more or less options. You can show a quick list of options if you use the option '--help' or sometimes the short variant '-h' after the command.
$ ls --help

If you need more information about a command, use the 'manual page'.
$ man ls

If you search for a command and you dont know the exactly name, use 'apropos'
$ apropos flight
fgcom (1)            - VoIP client for the FlightGear radio infrastructure
fgelev (1)           - Compute FlightGear scenery elevation for a given list of points
fgfs (1)             - the FlightGear flight simulator
fgfsrc (5)           - FlightGear command-line options file
fgjs (1)             - FlightGear joystick utility
fgpanel (1)          - FlightGear Flight Simulator Panel Rendering Engine
fgviewer (1)         - An alternative FlightGear viewer application
GPSsmooth (1)        - send NMEA-formatted GPS data to a FlightGear instance
js_demo (1)          - Joystick demo application for FlightGear
JSBSim (1)           - standalone version of the JSBSim open source flight dynamics model
metar (1)            - demo METAR utility for FlightGear
MIDGsmooth (1)       - send MIDG-formatted GPS data to a FlightGear instance
UGsmooth (1)         - send UGear-formatted GPS data to a FlightGear instance
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby SolarCar123 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm

bugman wrote in Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 pm:This is starting to sound like a disk stability issue. Could you scan your disk and check for bad sectors? It's probably not the case, but the errors you see are also no common.

Regards,

Edward

I'm not much of a techie, but I tried everything in the first couple of posts and open radar STILL won't run. Anyhow, I read the post above and I'm am wondering, could this be caused by using too much storage on the disk?

Sincerely,
SolarCar
SolarCar123

Postby wagnerw » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:54 pm

I think you downloaded the JAR, please don't!

Please download the zip and extract it. Then start the OpenRadar.sh if you are using linux, or the bat file for windows.

The JAR file is meant for people who upgrade their installed OpenRadar to a new version. In that case, simply replace the existing file with the new one
wagnerw

Callsign: D-W794

Previous

Return to OpenRadar