Board index FlightGear Development Canvas

Missing 'png' image reader

Canvas is FlightGear's new fully scriptable 2D drawing system that will allow you to easily create new instruments, HUDs and even GUI dialogs and custom GUI widgets, without having to write C++ code and without having to rebuild FlightGear.

Missing 'png' image reader

Postby sathish » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,
while trying to build my flightgear along with simgear(both source code), the following error has been seen
Canvas::Image::Missing 'png' image reader

help me out to solve this
sathish

Re: Missing 'png' image reader

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:31 pm

is this in the console or in your fgfs.log file?
we need more information... it could be something as simple as a missing library file...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby sathish » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 am

S it in this.log file
sathish

Postby sathish » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:54 am

Below is the fgfs.Log file
general:3:../src/Main/main.cxx:477:FlightGear: Version 2017.3.1
general:3:../src/Main/main.cxx:478:FlightGear: Build Type Dev
general:3:../src/Main/main.cxx:479:Built with GNU C++ version 6.3
general:3:../src/Main/main.cxx:481:Jenkins number/ID 0:none
general:3:../src/Main/options.cxx:2898:platform default fg_root = Path "/usr/local/share/FlightGear"
general:3:../src/Main/fg_init.cxx:532:Reading global defaults
general:3:../src/Main/fg_init.cxx:542:Finished Reading global defaults
input:3:../src/Main/globals.cxx:790:Reading user settings from Path "/root/.fgfs/autosave_2017_3.xml"
general:3:../src/Main/fg_init.cxx:1220:init package root at:Path "/root/.fgfs/Aircraft"
input:3:../src/Main/options.cxx:2174:No user specified aircraft, using default
general:3:../src/Main/fg_init.cxx:267:Loading aircraft -set file from:Path "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Aircraft/c172p/c172p-set.xml"
aircraft:6:../src/Main/fg_init.cxx:373:Aircraft does not specify a minimum FG version: please add one at /sim/minimum-fg-version
general:3:../src/Main/locale.cxx:137:Found language resource for: en
general:3:../src/Main/locale.cxx:237:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Translations/default/sys.xml"
general:3:../src/Main/locale.cxx:237:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Translations/default/atc.xml"
general:3:../src/Main/locale.cxx:237:Reading localized strings for 'en' from Path "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Translations/default/tips.xml"
general:3:../src/Main/options.cxx:2528:Using default download dir: Path "/root/.fgfs"
general:4:../src/Main/globals.cxx:390:read-allowed path not found:Path "/root/.fgfs/AI"
general:4:../src/Main/globals.cxx:390:read-allowed path not found:Path "/root/.fgfs/Liveries"
general:3:../src/Main/options.cxx:2553:Using TerraSync dir: Path "/root/.fgfs/TerraSync"
general:3:../src/Main/main.cxx:559:EmbeddedResourceManager: selected locale 'en_IN'
astro:3:../src/simgear/scene/sky/cloud.cxx:343:initializing cloud layers
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image loading failed:Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/overcast.png".
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image loading failed:Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/overcast_top.png".
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image loading failed:Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/broken.png".
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image loading failed:Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/scattered.png".
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image loading failed:Warning: Could not find plugin to read objects from file "/usr/local/share/FlightGear/Textures/Sky/few.png".
io:4:../src/simgear/scene/model/ModelRegistry.cxx:204:Image load
sathish

Postby Hooray » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:10 pm

OSG must be installed/built with libPNG support (see the wiki for details)
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:36 pm

the OP also has problems with font loading so i'm guessing they're also missing ttf support as well...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby sathish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am

But i already have libpng and zlib library installed and osgdb_png.so file in osgplugins-3.4.0 folder

I didnt get what does built with libPNG mean???
and also when i run ./fgfs exe its working fine.

but i am building the source code and trying to run which is raising this issue.
sathish

Postby sathish » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:22 pm

When i tried debugging my code in splash.cxx file selectsplashfile( ) i found that the path for the image.png file is getting corrupted and makes my code to terminate further when it try to access width and height of that image file.
and also i am getting warning: could not find plugins to read objects from file /../..image.png

i shared the link of snap what exactly i am facing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r_31X ... KEqzPZ5reS
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bk_f2 ... -wGWnjYRcb
can any one tell why is it happening?
sathish

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:21 pm

sathish wrote in Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:17 am:But i already have libpng and zlib library installed and osgdb_png.so file in osgplugins-3.4.0 folder

why are you using OSG 3.4.0? granted 3.2.0 is the minimum version but... i will recommend to try OSG 3.4.2... i switched from 3.4.0 to 3.4.2 with the download_and_compile script way back after it had cooked a bit and i've had no problems that i'm aware of... i've been building my own (PLIB, OSG, SimGear, FlightGear) since i found the d&c script...

but, back to your OSG 3.4.0... is this a self compiled version or a system installed one?
if self-compiled, are you sure that it is finding and using your installed png and ttf libraries?
do you have the -dev flavor of them installed?
what does "ldd fgfs" show?
what OS are you on again? i know linux since you're using .so files but which linux?
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Canvas