Board index FlightGear Media

[YouTube] OSM2city is AWESOME!

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

[YouTube] OSM2city is AWESOME!

Postby Parnikkapore » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:17 am

Just how much more dense can the scenery be if you turn on OSM2city? Let's generate some tiles and find out...

There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Re: [YouTube] OSM2city is AWESOME!

Postby vanosten » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi

Were in the world is this scenery? It shows the problem with current OSM data in that there are only few areas with good building coverage. And therefore the scenery in the video actually looked quite empty to me. I hope that within one months or so this will change. The newest code for osm2city already includes the possibility to generate buildings at plausible places - however I need to parametrise the distance between buildings in a different way to make it look better. When that has happened, I will make an announcement - and then it would be cool if you could repeat the video with the newest scenery.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:19 pm

Videos with Parnikkapore style like that can be nice showing features or new releases, and a variety of aircraft and scenery as well.
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby Parnikkapore » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:23 pm

It's VTSP and VTBS. Building coverage in VTSP (first minute of the video) is actually rather nice, but everything's rather empty in other places. owbb is a good thing to have here.
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Return to Media