Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Autopilot or Route Manager don't work

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Autopilot or Route Manager don't work

Postby marco2m » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

Hi,
i'm new on this forum and i have a problem with Flightgear (every version). First of all, i will list my laptop specs:
Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz
Memory RAM 12 GB
HD 20 GB available
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
So... i tried to install Flightgear 2018 (last version) but it crashes continuously. Then I installed Flightgear 3.4 but the Route Manager doesn't work properly (i tried every model of the 777-200) because when i add a new waypoint the route starts from a anywhere on the map and not from my departure airport.. very strange!
So i tried to install Flightgear 3.2, the Route Manager works properly but the Autopilot doesn't work.. it's impossible to enable the commands "LNAV, ALT or V/S".
In the end i installed Flightgear 3.0... it was funny because there isn't the menu bar on the top.

P.S.: In past i used Flightgear on my macbook pro and i've never had problems.
Any ideas? Thank you :)
marco2m

Re: Autopilot or Route Manager don't work

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 am

the only offer i have is if the menu bar is not visible at the top of the sim, hit the F10 key to bring it up... hit the F10 key again to hide it as well...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby marco2m » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:51 am

Thank you wkitty42 for your advice. Anyway i've just solved my problem with Flightgear 3.4. When you insert a new waypoint on the Route Manager it does not seem to work on the map but, if you enter the arrival airport, the route of the map changes automatically and everything start to work properly. Thank you.
marco2m

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:08 pm

yes, you do need to have your departure and arrival airports entered before you start routing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying