Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Mirage 2000-5

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Mirage 2000-5

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Mon May 29, 2017 9:13 am

Hi all,
The mirage have been updated, taking care of the feed back.
- The FBW/FCS has been set to be more sensitive, so it is flyable on mouse (and air refuelable). Some user with joystick will find it a bit more difficult to fly, so on my todo list, I'll make a checkbox to select the fly mode (mouse or joystick)
- The help menu have been improved.
- I still do not find where does the bug of Texan78 comes from, but, now it will not stop the loop : The mirage will fly, you will just have a bug with autopilot.

Some improvement have been made on radar, missile etc by Necolatis, in order to "shoot" ground target, make missile visible on MP, chaff and flare sensitvity etc, but this is not on the official version yet.

Have a nice fly.

5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1
"Each day, with every person you meet, there is something to learn"
5H1N0B1

Callsign: 5H1N0B1
IRC name: _5H1N0B1
Version: GIT

Postby hardba11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:09 pm

contribs: mirage2000-5, statics models - WIP: new aircraft - hobby: world tour in flightgear
hardba11

Callsign: F-HRDB
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby vanosten » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:02 pm

I have troubles to in the right MFD (using the newest Git-version https://github.com/5H1N0B11/Aircraft on trunc, newest FG-next version on windows 10):
  • I cannot get a RWR displayed. However http://wiki.flightgear.org/Dassault_Mirage_2000-5 has a picture of it and I am pretty sure that flying in OPFR requires a RWR.
  • TACAN distance does not seem to work for neither A-A nor a carrier. I see the correct TACAN frequency, I see the TACAN abbreviation of e.g. a tanker/carrier and the blue needle is pointing corectlt, but the the distance to the tanker remains static once acquired. http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Refueli ... _TACAN.png indicates, that it should work. NAVSRC is on TACAN.

I have deleted the xml-file in AppData - no effect. It is working as expected in e.g. the F-14. Still: am I doing something wrong?

PS: it would be cool if the TACAN source selector would be modeled on the right console.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi vanosten,
Unfortunately, there is not yet RWR on the mirage 2000. Even if OPRF ready. I did not spent enough time on it. It will come soon.
On the TACAN you are right. It's a bug : line 314 of the file named : m2000-5_mfd.nas, you need to uncomment the line. (remove the #)
Right now We are focusing on some systems in order to have a common weapons management/system between the whole OPRF fleet.
Fun stuff will come soon :) (=> soon is in few month btw ... except you are using the dev aircraft)
5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi all,
Little update on the mirage 2000 developpment :
- Thanks to the work Necolatis did on the f16, the generic weapons systems is now on the mirage 2000 and this allows more realistic weapons.
- Thanks to Itouchpods, we have a new FBW on the aircraft. This is like a +300% improves than what I did with the sas before. FBW tunning is a science.
- Btw he also tune the autopilot and we rework the terrain following AP, and this is awesome : We can fly, in AP at 600 kts at 300 feet above ground : Necolatis made a wonderful video on that :

- Harball made 3D models for real french loads as Exocet, AS30L, or AS37 martel. He also improves the MICA missiles (EM and IR)
- There is some improves on rain on cockpit (thanks Hardball), ALS fog, ice and mirror (Thanks Vic65) and few things in cockpit (soon, the tacan on the right console will work, tahnks to Rudolf)
- FLIR is now available. With the "PDLCT" and following the process, we can snipe a ground target and fire GPS/laser guided stuff on it. (Thanks onox for the stabiliazation !)
- Ejection seat, done by Necolatis on the F16 and Viggen is now on the mirage (Ctrl-e 3 times, as F6 is actually taken by the FLIR )
- More stuff (radar update : radiating target will show up only when anti radiation missile are selected), the bugs found by vanosten have been corrected, you can now choose to follow real or mag heading etc ...
Next stuff to do :
- Add the rwr, make it canvas
- make the radar display canvas
- drop the old code on the center mfd and only keep the canvas
- improve hud (and also make it "more" canvas)
- Develop interaction between front seat and back seat : Allow the NOSA to program route, select weapons, set up radio frequences, check the radar etc. That using emesary
- Use a mirage 2000D cockpit for the 2 seat mirage
Maybe more.

Btw I want to thanks the whole OPRF team for all the work they did, not only for their aircraft but contributing to make everything they did generic.

We are currently using this branch : https://github.com/5H1N0B11/Aircraft
(soon it will be master again, and I will correct this post)
Please don't hesitate to try this aircraft, and report the bugs you can find.
Last edited by 5H1N0B1 on Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:44 pm

One video that show a bombing run. Note that the tanks comes from bombable. (All the OPRF loads are bombable compatible.)
The new mirage may have light change in the way to fly and release the load.
If you are non violent, and you do not like the view of bombing stuff, be aware : this is a bombing run on tanks.

In order to do that :
- First have the PDLCT (FLIR) loaded.
- Loads bombs.
- go to the IR view, use f6 to stabilize the view
- find your target by clicking on it.
- acquire your target (the gps coordinates will be automatically written)
- You can focus on your target.
- If this is a moving target, you can "Follow the closest GND AI/MP", this will allow you to aim moving target.
- select masterarm, release loads.
- escape without expose yourself.
- resume your flight

Hope you will like it
5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1

Postby Necolatis » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Cool!
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Hooray » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Is any of the mapping/charting stuff using the MapStructure framework, or not ?
If not, you might want to share links to the corresponding code, so that we can take a look and see if we can add your code to the MapStructure library.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Octal450 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:47 am

Hello!

I updated the FlyByWire system again today to improve its performance, especially in poor weather.

The YASim is also being tweaked slightly, to improve its behavior. (This is shinobi's job, not mine, I can't YASim :wink:)

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby vanosten » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:23 am

So if one wants to try the JSBsim version: which repository and which branch would you recommend? I tried different repositories/branches in the past (more than 1 month ago), and often autostart would not cleanly start the plane.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby Octal450 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:40 pm

Hello Vanosten:
The JSB version is still in an infancy, and is not quite flyable yet.
But you can still fly it if you wish, on branch JSBSim-dev
The Magic Startup is just designed to get the JSB engine running for test.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby yanes » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 pm

Nice recording !
Any chance or workaround to see the infrared in a cockpit screen ??
5H1N0B1 wrote in Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:44 pm:If you are non violent, and you do not like the view of bombing stuff, be aware : this is a bombing run on tanks.

I know you are a Gentleman my friend :D :wink:
and beautiful landing BTW ,
Regards ,
Yanes
yanes

Callsign: YANES
Version: 2018.2.2

Postby 5H1N0B1 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Hi yanes,
To see it on a screen it's not for right now... (Maybe later)
But the technology of that sniping pod have been taken and improved (I mean 100 times improved) by Leto (Nekolatis) on the F16.
(This is FG)

You are right my friend I'm trying to keep everybody calm... Coz I saw on this forum people fighting/arguing around making weapons on our virtual world. I like having them but I can understand that people do not want to. So in order to avoid any sterile discussion, I prefer to warn people who do not want to see weapons to look the other way :)
Btw, the mirage have since last year, a new weapons systems (which is nearly invisible for user) but which is currently generic : the same weapons systems as the f16 : maybe you could use it for the Su27 :) (Anyways feel free to take what you want. Maybe the f16 is more up to date than the mirage)

@Hooray : For now the center MFD is MapStructure framework. The other parts are not fully in canvas..

Regards,

5H1N0B1
Note : Leto helped me to put an RWR on the mirage. so the mirage on my git have actually an RWR !
5H1N0B1
5H1N0B1

Postby J Maverick 16 » Sun May 26, 2019 1:46 pm

Lol that's my LANTIRN pod view of an AGM-65 about to hit an AI shelter at Grafenwoehr Training Area (Germany).
The F-16 targeting pod system works great indeed being able to be used with a wide variety of weapons and will surely receive further improvements in che coming months.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Johan G » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Some posts were split off to the new topic YASim vs. JSSBSim.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft