Board index FlightGear Media

[YouTube] What Intel HD Graphics can achieve!

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

[YouTube] What Intel HD Graphics can achieve!

Postby Parnikkapore » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:15 am

I tried filming FlightGear on my new computer (this time with no graphics card!) and went for a quick pattern. (warning: unscripted!)

For unintended drama, I am WAY off on Final and merged back onto the glidepath in the last seconds! XD
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Re: [YouTube] What Intel HD Graphics can achieve!

Postby pavlin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:52 am

What type of Intel HD graphics???

For a commercial airplane is really low fps, mine was 9-10 in FG with intel HD 3000, my oldest pc. And no recording! Prob. is better on general aviation planes, because they are not so heavy.
During severe issues with navigation on FlightGear I will not create any type of content until I buy myself new pc. That might be in years from now.
pavlin
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2018 3.1

Postby Parnikkapore » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:04 pm

The IDG planes are definitely heavier. In case you didn't read the description, this is a pretty new rig with an octa-core i7. (BTW, if you have a multicore CPU, definitely try multithreading.)

Thing is, I believe the ALS eyecandy would weight down the sim a bit more than what I'm seeing here!
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:27 pm

nice video and acceptable fps without dedicated gpu-card, in a low-spec rig, depending on the flight i keep ALS and some clouds but i disable urban shader (avoid dense object areas) and water (unless you fly through islands or coast lines) if i fly on rural areas and you can play with the vegetation settings too. Selecting less-developed planes is always an option on low-specs. I think the best way is to get a strong cpu, with lots of RAM and decent mid-range gpu-card under asumible cost and mid to high visuals in FG (the same for other sims and games).
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Return to Media