Board index FlightGear Support Flying

control of my plane

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

control of my plane

Postby franchesco » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Hello,
I am named Franchesco and I just installed flightgear in my machine, but I have a small problem, When I started the aircraft, to take off I can not control the plane it goes from left to right she does not follow the line. I do not know how to do. thank you in advance
franchesco

Re: control of my plane

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:56 pm

you use your joystick, mouse or number pad to control the craft...

but you might be talking about the craft trying to turn left all the time? which craft are you trying to fly?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby franchesco » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:41 am

Hi, I'm using a cessna
franchesco

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm

yes, single prop engines have a twisting motion in the opposite way of their spin... this twisting motion is known as P-factor and it will cause the craft to try to turn all the time... this is normal and being simulated like real life... the c172p will try to go left... another craft built elsewhere with an engine that spins the other direction will try to turn right... this effect is not so noticeable on twin engine craft... especially those with dual props that spin in opposite directions so they counter each other out...

so, on the single prop craft, you have to always have your controller slight opposite of the P-factor push or, on some craft, you can adjust the trim to counter the P-factor... this trim won't be in effect all the time... only when the wind from the prop is strong enough to actually encounter the trimmed rudder or ailerons and counteract the P-factor...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Alant » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:18 pm

First check that your controls are working. Go to an outside view (press "v" or "V" to cycle through the views, Ctrl-v to go back to cockpit view) and see what happens when you move the elevator, aileron and rudder. Also check that they return to the neutral position. If they do not move tell us what control you are trying to use (joystick, mouse, or keypad).
Also please let us know as much about your system as possible (Flightgear version, OS, CPU, RAM, video card).

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby franchesco » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:53 am

hi I control my device with the joystick and the flightgear version is 2018 2.2. I use a windows 8 with a RAm of 4giga
franchesco

Postby Alant » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Thanks

Do you see the control surfaces move when you play with the joystick and rudder?

Alan
Alant

Postby franchesco » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:41 am

hello, no she does not move
franchesco

Postby Alant » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:57 am

OK. Now you should look at the Joystick configuration
These wiki articles may help. Unfortunately "anyone" can contribute to the wiki (good), but "anyone" does not necessarily keep the articles up to date.;) (bad)
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Troubleshoot ... ut_devices
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Input_device
http://wiki.flightgear.org/Writing_Joys ... de:_Part_1

Please let us know the make and model of your joystick, Saitek, especially since Logitech took over have very fragile drivers which produce zero output whilst not producing windows errors..

Come back here if you have more problems,

Alan

Alant

Postby AndersG » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:02 am

Alant wrote in Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:57 am:Please let us know the make and model of your joystick, Saitek, especially since Logitech took over have very fragile drivers which produce zero output whilst not producing windows errors..

If that is the case it might be possible to avoid the vendor provided drivers completely - I think most devices are (more or less) plain USB HID devices that the OS can use its generic drivers for (which is what happens on Linux, anyway).
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Return to Flying