Board index FlightGear Support Flying

ATIS Report not there

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

ATIS Report not there

Postby georgem1956 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I must be doing something wrong, since I am new to FG. I set com1 to the ATIS frequency and turn on the audio switch but I am not getting anything over the radio. I just want to set my altimeter but am not able to get ATIS reports regardless of which Airport I choose as my location. Of course power is on, COM1 selected and audio switch is "on". I look up the ATIS frequency from the Location Information of the Airport.

Also, on a separate note, I 'd like to find an airport that has an ATC to fly the pattern. Learning communications with the Tower and ground, etc. Does the AI provide this kind or interaction or do I need to find a "live" ATC?

Thanks,
George

"Love this stuff!"
georgem1956

Re: ATIS Report not there

Postby bbuske » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:37 am

ATC is currently not implemented in FlightGear. You would have to look for a live ATC.
As for ATIS not working, I can't be of much help there. I occasionally notice that too, but just now I got it in Sydney.
Ben

PPL(A) (2009), CPL(A)(2011), ATPL(A)(2015)
bbuske

Re: ATIS Report not there

Postby PhoenixofMT » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:09 pm

It works for me. Did you hit the flip-flop (double arrow) button on the COM1 radio after setting the frequency? The left-side frequency is what COM1 is listening to, the right side is only for adjusting.

ASOS and AWOS haven't been working for me. I assume it's because these systems at small airports aren't usually connected to the internet, so FlightGear can't get their info. That, or I don't know how to click the mic to activate those systems.

The only way I've found to get the setting away from ATIS airports is to click Weather in the Environment menu and get the altimeter setting from the METAR.
PhoenixofMT

Return to Flying