Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Problem in the initial position

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Problem in the initial position

Postby Picun_1812 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 pm

hello, I had a frequent problem with the location section in version 2018.2.1 and 2018.2.2.
I have installed both versions in Windows 10 and when running the simulator and trying to enter an ICAO code or move in the location map does not work. Only changes appear when going to Summary, Aircraft or any other option and return.

Is there any way to fix it?

It is quite annoying that you enter an airport and you must always go and return to see the changes.

(sorry for my bad English, I use translator haha :)

:oops:
Picun_1812

Re: Problem in the initial position

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:19 pm

this problem should have been fixed already... if you do not have the latest FG, you should try it... possibly you might want to try the nightlies... they are the cutting edge, though...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:51 am

I'm using a fairly recent nightly (1 week old) and this issue is still there. However, it seems the nightlies are also not being copied to download.flightgear.org properly any more, as I reported last week... so my build could actually be several months old.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:09 am

that's very interesting... i'm not seeing it here in my 2018.3.0... i did see it a few times in the past but not any more...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Picun_1812 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:58 pm

I downloaded version 2.2 two days ago from Flightgear and the problem has not disappeared, since version 2.1 where the same thing happened to me ... is there a new version 3.0?
Picun_1812

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:21 pm

please be exact with the FG version numbers... there was no version released as "2.2" or "2.1" unless you count v2.10 released in Feb 2013 and v2.12 released in Sept 2013... if you are talking about newer versions since 2015, there are three xxxx.2.1 ones to choose from...

there is not a released 2018.3.0, no... you may be able to run the nightly 2018.3.0 alphas... check http://download.flightgear.org/builds/nightly/ (for now) if you want to try the nightly builds... be warned that will likely have some ugly bugs... also note that while they should be updated each day, it is possible that they may not be... F10->Help->About will give more information...

the next release is to be 2018.3.1 in another month or so...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Picun_1812 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks for the information, I did not know what you mention. Truth always try to learn a little more, but what you mention, escapes my knowledge and computing skills

I will try to read and understand what you explain to me.
Picun_1812

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:12 pm

i guess we would both need translators... i can try using one to translate to your native language if it is supported?
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Installation