Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Are multiplayers working in older versions?

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: Are multiplayers working in older versions?

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:19 pm

enrogue wrote in Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:41 am:Did it work better before you installed the GMA4500 driver? Not sure whats going on, but if the GMA4500 is your only graphics then uninstalling the driver will revert it to the default windows 7 driver for that card - that may work & it may not

By the way - you can have multiple versions of FlightGear installed as long as you install them to different directories, so you can test 3.x & 2018.2.3 in parallel (assuming you have the disk space)

Last december when i tried 207.3.1, i got something like 2 fps and i didnt check after i installed intel graphics media accelerator.
Is there any launch codes for reducing the graphics to a decent level so that i could get 20fps?

Also, when i install it on a hdd, then it will take more time to load. So is it okay to install it on a hdd?
SpeedmasterxXx

Callsign: 9W-321
Version: 2018.2.3RC

Postby enrogue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Hdd should be fine (vs SDD?) yes

I'll reiterate - try 2018.2.3 release candidate (I provided the link above)

I've verified it uses about the same Ram as 3.2 when at the same point of scenery - there will of course be ram differences if you are at say EGKK (London Gatwick) vs somewhere in the middle of the ocean like FHAW (Ascension Island). From memory the default airport for 3.2 was KSFO (San Fransisco) - the default for 2018.2.3 is PHNL (Honolulu)

I can't say whether the GMA4500 will work ok as I don't have one to test. There have been many improvements in graphics performance (especially in the ALS renderer) since 3.2 - give it a try.

I'm not sure what you mean by launch codes - command line switches?

2018.3.2 has the QT Launcher, and as wkitty32 stated you can put some (like disable AI) in the launchers Settings->Additional Settings box. Most settings in the launcher now will autosave (unlike in FGrun) - things like graphics & LOD settings will be saved correctly
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:20 pm

yea command lines . will -clientGraphicsAPI d3d9 help me play this game smoothly?
SpeedmasterxXx

Postby enrogue » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:27 pm

I don't think FlightGear will recognise that command line option (a quick google shows it's used by WorldofTanks & WorldofWarplanes)

FlightGear uses OpenSceneGraph & OpenGL rather than D3D
enrogue

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:33 pm

the basic renderer might be the best SpeedmasterxXx can use... maybe Rembrandt but they'll have to test it... one can choose between the Basic shader, ALS, and Rembrandt in the new launcher... if both ALS and Rembrandt are off, the basic shader will be used... if Rembrandt is used, then don't use the following code... if they want ALS and they need to turn down all of the ALS shaders, the following property code block can be added to the same Additional Settings box i mentioned above... it is only for ALS rendering and won't affect the Basic renderer or Rembrandt...
Code: Select all
# ensure ALS is enabled
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/skydome=true
# enable Custom Shader settings
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/custom-settings=true
# set the shader selectors
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/landmass=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/transition=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/urban=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/crop=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/water=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/model=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/forest=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/wind-effects=0
--prop:/sim/rendering/shaders/vegetation-effects=0

some of the above go as high as 6 while others are limited to a max of 2 or even just 0 and 1...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:13 pm

I added all the commands and clicked fly. i dont get the error till i close the application but i hardly get 1 fps. my computer is in a very bad shape
How do i install the 10x10 scenery tiles?
SpeedmasterxXx

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:45 pm

what error?

by 10x10 scenery tiles, are you asking about the old version 1 tiles?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:48 am

You helped me solve the error problem earlier https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=33534

yes the v1 scenery tiles but i understood how to install it.

Still i hardly get 1 fps
SpeedmasterxXx

Postby enrogue » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:55 pm

I just gave this a try on the lowest spec graphics I have access to:

An Atom D525 1.8GHz with integrated Pineview graphics - which is a GMA3150 - now this machine normally has 4GB ram so it's not short of memory, so I took one of the SODIMMs out to make it 2GB.

I don't have windows but I was able to install Lubuntu 32bit on an SD card to try & get an *idea* of the performance

So with 2018.2.2, the default renderer, with everything in View->Rendering Options disabled (especially Vegetation!), with all the sliders in custom settings set to 0 I get 8 fps
That is with the F9F at EGOY and WS1 Scenery

The GMA3150 only supports OpenGL 1.4 so there are a few visual glitches - probably bugs in the driver? It wouldn't be the 1st time.

When I started up FGFS I discovered it's only taking 750MB ram with the above settings

When I look at the GMA3150 vs the GMA4500 on here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... sing_units

I see the GMA3150 has 2 pixel pipelines running at 400MHz in the D525 (vertex shaders are in software only), while the GMA4500 in the Q45 has 10 execution units (unified shaders) running at 533MHz (it does pixel & vertex shaders in hardware)

So - the GMA4500 *should* on paper be able to be quicker (not to mention your CPU is way faster than a crappy 1st generation Atom)

A couple of things to note: ALS definitely did *not* work, and it was running at <1fps (slideshow mode) with vegetation & scenery objects turned on
enrogue

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 am

I disabled a lot of things including shader and i got 2 fps. Last year when i bought this pc, it was so fast that i could run many games without a single lag. lemme try clearing temp and uninstalling unwanted apps
SpeedmasterxXx

Previous

Return to Multiplayer