Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

T-6A Texan II intrument panel

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

T-6A Texan II intrument panel

Postby Posthumane » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:52 am

Good day,

I downloaded a model of the Raytheon T-6A Texan II from the FGUK hangar. This is based on the Pilatus PC-9. I saw some threads that Rob Dosgone was implementing a CT-156 panel, which is the aircraft that I'm interested in, but the version of the T-6A that I got has no panel at all. There is no cockpit.xml or anything of the sort. Does anyone know if there is a T6A panel definition floating around somewhere? I know I saw some screenshots of the development version... If necessary I could try to tackle the panel myself, but I don't want to duplicate effort if someone else has done it already.

Cheers!
Posthumane

Re: T-6A Texan II intrument panel

Postby StuartC » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:47 am

We at FGUK have not done any work on it as yet.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby erik » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:03 pm

In the past I've done some work to incorporate all PC-7 based models into one directory:
http://adalin.com/ehtw.info/PC-9M.zip

It adds the PC-7, PC-7mk2, PC-9A, PC-9M and T6 Texan II.
All with cockpits.

Since I've almost lost that work I've put it on the website as backup.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby Posthumane » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:59 am

erik, thank for the link. However, using that package, when I load the Texan II it actually loads an aircraft model of the PC9M, along with the PC9 cockpit. Look like the T6 model is there, but the T6-set.xml never references it. Anyway, there's no separate cockpit model for the T-6, which is a bit different than the PC9 one. The files from FGUK have all of the instruments modeled, they just aren't "placed" using a cockpit.xml file. Perhaps I'll play with it and see if I can make the panel myself from the existing instruments.
Posthumane

Postby erik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:48 am

Yes, I forgot I was in the middle of the process to get it working (and that's probably why it was never released).
Anyhow, I think those models are close enough to warrant putting them all in one directory.

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby erik » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 pm

Looking at it again, I did already start an updated cockpit in the instructors seat of the PC-9M (pres shift+v twice) but it's far from finished.

Oh and the correct model for the T-6 is loaded in Models/PC9M.xml using a property:
/sim/model/pc9m/t-6

Erik
erik

Postby guzzi948 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 pm

Which files/folder need copying/modifying to make the instruments work? Is there a config file that needs to reference the PC-9M? Sorry for the noob type question, it's past my bed time and messing with my head. Cheers in advance.

edit: And having read all the previous posts again, I have deleted my T-6 files and installed the ones from above and all is well with the world :-)
guzzi948

Callsign: VH-948
Version: 2017.1.3

Return to Aircraft