Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

IDG A32X Development Archive - Closed

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: IDG A32X Development

Postby yanfiz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:24 pm

Hello SVW,

After a while Align warn lights became off in ADIRS section of overhead panel, but in PFD screen there are red coloured ATT and HDG texts.

Thank you.
yanfiz

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Hello yanfiz
Thank you for compliments.

I think maybe you are not going in the right order. Once on the INITA page, you type in ICAO/ICAO (of course, use the proper codes), then hit the upper right softkey next to it, and it should insert it. Then hit ALIGN IRS and it should start the align process. This takes roughly 10 minutes, if you do not want to wait, go to IDG-A32X --> Aircraft Config --> and check the box ADIRS Aligns Instantly (this setting is saved between all IDG A32X models, even after restarting FG)

I hope you will enjoy everything.

Best Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby yanfiz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello it0uchpods,

I've understood my mistake finally :( I used to press "From/To" button and expect to type ICAO/ICAO, instead of typing ICAO/ICAO and then pressing "From/To". IDG-A32X and IDG-A33X are more exciting for me now. Thank you for your support!

Kind regards.
yanfiz

Postby Octal450 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:26 am

Hello yanfiz,
I'm glad you got it working.

I hope you will enjoy very much flying our airplanes.

Best Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

FEATURE REQUEST:

Support thrustlevers with reverse section:
Meaning, that the part of the trustlever range is defined as reverse zone which controls the reverse thrust. The other dentents should be rearranged accordingly.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 am

Hi,
This is something I would love to implement, but I do not know how with the current state of the FADEC. The throttle position is tensely tied into the calculations, and if you shift them all up a bit, it won't work anymore. Everything from the detent logic, to autopilot logic, to EPR and N1 thrust limit, thrust command, and prediction calculations, A/THR... and even other things like autobrake and autospoiler are connected to this data. It there was a way to bind the reverse zone to a negative number in /controls/engines/engine[x]/throttle, then I could easily implement it, but as of right now, you can't (AFAIK).

Lots of these data would need to be fixed too, so then this reverse zone would be there for everybody, which I think is a bad idea. I am open to suggestions however, if you'd like to meet on Mumble, IRC, or elsewhere to have a longer discussion about it, I'm up for that.

Today I rewrote the entire FCS system (not the FBW part), and therefore all control surfaces are FINALLY implemented properly. I also rewrote the spoiler control system to make it more realistic, and fixed the autospoiler moving the cockpit lever. A33X is next.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:53 am

Jeehell (or vasFMC not sure anymore which one) has an option to set the position for every single dentent by moving the lever to the position and klick an asign button. IIRC this works with the raw joystick input.
For now it would be imo enough to just add a check mark "Thrust lever reverse zone" or something like that which then enables the reverse zone and add a button to set the start of the reverse zone (tho it would be nice, if you have realistic hw to set the hw dentents to the virtual ones).

I'll take a look at the code when time allows me to and work out a concept.
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Hi,
There is much more code than you might expect for it, the code which controls the detents is in fadec-common.nas, as well as fadec-cfm.xml and fadec-iae.xml.

I am not currently willing to rewrite all of this, but I still think the best option would be to someone get a negative input for it. (Maybe scale the throttle axis the fadec listens too)

If I globally change it to listen to another property, then we can manipulate that property... hmm... I have an idea now. I'll play around with this if I get some time this week.

Kr,
J

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:09 pm

it0uchpods wrote in Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:32 pm:Hi,
If I globally change it to listen to another property, then we can manipulate that property... hmm... I have an idea now. I'll play around with this if I get some time this week.

That's what I though about as well...

If we have a joystick input of (lets use easy numbers) 0 to 100.
0 = idle, 100 = TO/GA , FADEC gets 0 to 100 as input and F1 and F2 keys set it to negative values

When the option with reverse zone is active (let's suppose, the user set the idle pos to 20):
20 = idle, 100 = TO/GA, FADEC gets still 0 to 100 for the 20 to 100 range of the lever. 0 = full reverse.

Another thing that came up while writing this... if you look closely on the movement of the thr levers, they move a bit backwards while enabeling rev thr so we'd need a new idle point (20 in the example above) and a reverse idle option (eg. 15 in the example).
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby jtprophet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey Josh and team I have been out of the traffic pattern for some time now and i was wanting to find out if the hi-res liveries were still planned for both the A320 and the A330 models after the remapping was done?

Thanks!

John
jtprophet

Callsign: DAL1464

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Hi merspieler,
Thanks for your input. I have some other priorities with he planes first, then I'll experiment with this.

Hi John,
It is on hold, we will decide this likely after the 3D work is ready to be textured.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby merspieler » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:23 pm

This is rather an idea than a feature request.

There are the 7, 8, 9 and 0-keys free (afaik). Since 1-6 are fix views, how about make 7-0 user defineable.

Meaning i adujst the view how I want to save it. Then I hit Ctrl (or any other modifier key) and then 7-0 or hit a button in a menu. This saves the view pos, rotation and fov and can be recalled at any time using the 7-0 keys like it is already possible with 1-6 keys...

Just an idea...

May it grow in your mind.
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:01 am

Good idea, on the list it goes.

I'll just store the needed values in the config file, should be ok.

Of course, we have to also verify that FG allows adjusting view config values, so am curious.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:13 pm

unless you override the system defaults, the zero key is used for left rudder... i just tested with the UFO and both zeros, one on the number bar above the letters and the other on number pad, both perform the same action...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Octal450 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:06 am

Yeah, we do that with all the view keys, but they can be reverted to flight controls if keyboard pilot in the config menu.

J

Octal450

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft