Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

(Finally) Cathay Pacific's "Hong Kong Trader"

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

(Finally) Cathay Pacific's "Hong Kong Trader"

Postby E-Savageair » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:22 pm

Hello,

It was a tricky paint to do and took awhile; other projects steamed along faster, but now finally I'm getting done:
....A few things to look at then I'll release....
Enjoy: https://www.mediafire.com/file/w03354mprwxj5wk/HKT.zip
Last edited by E-Savageair on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
E-Savageair

Callsign: ESA
Version: 3.0

Re: (Finally) Cathay Pacific's "Hong Kong Trader"

Postby Catalanoic » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:54 pm

Maybe it can be submitted to the livery database, looks nice!
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:24 pm

and the AI craft if there's any Cathay Pacific Cargo AI traffic ;)

i'm looking to see more AI using the actual FGADDON craft for their models instead of specifically created and (painfully?) maintained AI craft... that'll allow for more AI craft and said craft will be maintained by the actual craft maintainers so their effects scripts, among other things, will also be used with AI craft... that should include lighting for cockpit and passenger compartment, beacons and strobe lights... possibly even working landing lights :)

this is something recently discussed on the mailing list... i'm not sure if the code modifications have been written and committed, though...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby gooneybird » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:05 pm

@ E-Savageair, great work :D

i'm looking to see more AI using the actual FGADDON craft for their models instead of specifically created and (painfully?) maintained AI craft

Ok I'll bite. What's "painful" about the AI aircraft?

that'll allow for more AI craft and said craft will be maintained by the actual craft maintainers so their effects scripts, among other things, will also be used with AI craft... that should include lighting for cockpit and passenger compartment, beacons and strobe lights... possibly even working landing lights :)

I hope not, that would bring my perfectly happy computer to it's knees with all those as AI traffic.

this is something recently discussed on the mailing list... i'm not sure if the code modifications have been written and committed, though...

I thought that was about MP AI models not AI traffic models :?
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:47 pm

i may have misunderstood... there's a lot of terms thrown around that have multiple meanings... eg: AI == MP Traffic or AI Traffic or Attitude Indicator

i was under the impression that AI craft are used for both MP and AI traffic and that this proposal would bring them closer together... then the only AI Traffic ones that would have to be specially created and maintained would be those that no flight model exists for...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby gooneybird » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:56 pm

I'm assuming it is about MP aircraft as that I believe is what the topic started as.

I know the original intention was to use AI traffic models as lightweight MP models but they of course don't have all the bells and whistles that people are now wanting so to me it makes sense to separate the two.

Some people complain about the current AI traffic so I dread to think what they'd say if we had somewhere like KBOS full of FGADDON 777's etc. as AI traffic.
My Github repository (mostly AI stuff) https://github.com/gooneybird47
gooneybird

Postby E-Savageair » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:32 pm

Thank you Gooneybird, you taught me well....
E-Savageair

Callsign: ESA
Version: 3.0

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:04 am

gooneybird wrote in Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:56 pm:Some people complain about the current AI traffic so I dread to think what they'd say if we had somewhere like KBOS full of FGADDON 777's etc. as AI traffic.

that's kinda true but that's part of the whole thing, too... there's the fully blown craft that we can fly... there's a lighter weight model of it for use on MP... that lighter weight model shouldn't be too heavy for use as AI Traffic, should it?

and there's also the possibility of an option to use MP AI craft as AI Traffic craft so if the MP lighter ones are too much, the option can be switched so the AI Traffic ones we have now are used...

i can see it... yeah KBOS full of 777's that the 777 team maintains and the only thing the AI Traffic guys have to worry about is the traffic files and paint jobs for the craft... paint jobs they would supply to the 777 maintainers to be included as full blown liveries or just used only for the lighter weight AI model they are maintaining along side the full blown one...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Liveries