Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Help!!

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Help!!

Postby imaprojay » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:02 am

Ok so when i open flight gear it was running normally ok and then when the loading scenery the game stopped working help me :?: :?:
imaprojay

Re: Help!!

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:55 pm

1. flightgear is a simulation... not a game...
2. what airport are you trying to spawn at?
3. do you have terrasync enabled?
4. we need a lot more information to assist you... the above might give us a start...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: Help!!

Postby tdammers » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Define "stopped working". Did the program...

...crash? If so, you may want to try reproducing the problem with a flightgear instance that you started from the command line, this should produce some debug output, and if it crashes with a core dump, you might even be able to load that into a debugger like gdb and get a stack trace (not sure how that stuff works on Windows though).
...freeze? As in, just not respond to input anymore and nothing moves?
...silently exit? So no crash, no backtrace, no nothing, just the program exits?
...keep running, but do something other than what you'd expect? If so, what does it do, and what did you expect?

And then, in order to give people a shot at helping you, you should describe how the problem can be reproduced. Because, you see, for most of us it mostly works just fine; and without reproducing the problem, we can't figure out what goes wrong. So please tell us:

- Which OS you're running on
- Which Flightgear version you're using, where you got it from, and how you installed it
- The exact steps to trigger the problem (which aircraft did you use, where did you spawn, which setting did you use, what did you do in-sim)
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Return to The FlightGear project