Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Airbus A350XWB Development

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Airbus A350XWB Development

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:04 am

You could consider adding https://github.com/it0uchpods/IT-AUTOFLIGHT to it...
Wiki entry for that http://wiki.flightgear.org/IT-AUTOFLIGHT

But to make that thing really FLYABLE you'd have to add all systems and so on... which is quite a bunch of work... see the IDG-A32X project...
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler
Version: next

Postby Hilti03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

it has already autopilot but it isnt modeled in the cockpit
Hilti03

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Well as I said, ask Josh (it0uchpods)... but be careful... he can be a bit unpredictable and his development style is rather the closed source way than open source one...
for example he made a survey if the windows in the model should be closed or open and the majority voted for open and then he just decided to close then... why making a survey then in first place?
As well he thends to keeps thing private which results in duplicate work from others or he rejects work cause the THINKS he can do it better...

So learn from him, how to develop an aircraft but PLEASE DO NOT learn from him how to handle open source projects

If you've started serious work (not only some features added in a few weeks and then give up) you can come to me if you need help with anything.
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Hilti03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:07 pm

i am so new to this..i dont know anything.. how can i start?
Hilti03

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:30 pm

the wiki aircraft dev section or ask josh...
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 pm

Hilti03: I said ask him for help, not ask him to do that...

Cause I've asked him already for the later...
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Hilti03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:10 pm

what he answered to you?
Hilti03

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:16 pm

Maybe... if the A32X and A33X are done...

But i said, ASK FOR HELP.... not ask him to do the aircraft... ask him to do the a350 as well would slow down the a320 quit much...
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Hilti03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:18 pm

i want to help so much but i dont know anything..
Hilti03

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:21 pm

Then start to learn... btw talking to ya would be much easier on IRC... http://wiki.flightgear.org/FlightGear_IRC_channel

If you have no irc client use this: https://kiwiirc.com/client/
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Hilti03 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:40 pm

i dont know from where to start..
Hilti03

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:43 pm

come to the irc... there we can help ya better

direct link for you: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.flightge ... flightgear
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm

merspieler wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm:Well as I said, ask Josh... but be careful... he can be a bit unpredictable and his development style is rather the closed source way than open source one...

Well, the code is open source, the rest we can do how we like. Sorry you don't agree, but I don't really care honestly. We did what we all thought was best. (and it has worked well for us)

merspieler wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm:for example he made a survey if the windows in the model should be closed or open and the majority voted for open and then he just decided to close then... why making a survey then in first place?

You must be quite thick, considering I have answered this several times and you still don't understand... there is such thing as requesting opinions, but when we spoke internally about it, we decided it makes more sense to close them. Get over it.

merspieler wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm:As well he thends to keeps thing private which results in duplicate work from others or he rejects work cause the THINKS he can do it better...

No, that's just because you don't listen. You were informed several times to wait for things and you didn't. That's your problem. We haven't had such issues when people listen to us... Your SVGs DID NOT match the real plane because you DID NOT LISTEN to what I told you. So, we were forced to redo them. Common sense here...

merspieler wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm:So learn from him, how to develop an aircraft but PLEASE DO NOT learn from him how to handle open source projects

Once again, the code is open source, the rest we do as we see best. Again, if in your subjective opinion it appears wrong, so be it.

We are trying to make a realistic and fun experience for FG pilots, and we will do as we see best. If you don't agree, then don't fly the planes... but spreading such bullshit based on your own failure to understand/listen is rather disrespectful. I'll make sure I keep this in mind if you choose to contribute further, we don't want to add negativity to our project, and it seems that is all you want to do.

@Hilti03,
I am happy to talk to you about learning dev and such if you'd like to join discord: https://discord.gg/2kF7zz

It takes time, but I know you would be learn it! :D

Kind Regards,
Josh
Last edited by Octal450 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby merspieler » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:36 pm

Why do you bring up that again... thought we have agreed that we see things quite differently and got over that...

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:Well, the code is open source, the rest we can do how we like. Sorry you don't agree, but I don't really care honestly. We did what we all thought was best. (and it has worked well for us)

I haven't said anything different about the code... i was talking about your managment style.

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:You must be quite thick, considering I have answered this several times and you still don't understand...

I understand... I'm still waiting for closed cockpit windows...

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:No, that's just because you don't listen. You were informed several times to wait for things and you didn't. That's your problem. We haven't had such issues when people listen to us... Your SVGs DID NOT match the real plane because you DID NOT LISTEN to what I told you. So, we were forced to redo them. Common sense here...

Please unban my slack so I can check that all and for once.
Well that has happend as well before... for example i've done something to the MCDU and you've rejected it... for what ever reason.

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:Once again, the code is open source, the rest we do as we see best. Again, if in your subjective opinion it appears wrong, so be it.

Again... I'm not speaking about the code but management. I've just took an objective look at it compared with other OSS projects I'm involved in...

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:We are trying to make a realistic and fun experience for FG pilots, and we will do as we see best. If you don't agree, then don't fly the planes...

That's absurd... to not fly it cause I don't agree with your development style... I can still using it... just without contributing.
"If you don't agree, then feel free to go to another develpoment project" would be more apropriate.

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:but spreading such bullshit based on your own failure to understand/listen is rather disrespectful.

Calling what I did a failure is disrespectful... I've asked for the correct recources and asked multiple times which to use... all I've got is the FCOM lego gave me and that is the one I've used. Don't blame me for what you (IDG group) gave me.
It's my right to write down my opinion no matter if you like it or not.

it0uchpods wrote in Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm:I'll make sure I keep this in mind if you choose to contribute further, we don't want to add negativity to our project, and it seems that is all you want to do.

You did already...

I really hope you can get over our disagreements and work again as a community holding together and improving each other with constructive criticism.
Nia (you&, she/her)

merspieler

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:57 pm

I won't argue with you further, as it's pointless. (nor will I reply to further comments on the matter)
You again failed to understand properly what I've written (language barrier?). We warned that the FCOM information you received was not accurate appearance wise. We stated that we drew the displays from real pictures because of this reason. I remember you specifically telling me that you will use the FCOM lego gave you, and ignored my warning, even when lego answered by agreeing with me!

In the English language, failure means "lack of success". You did not have success in understanding my writing, therefore it is a failure.

Not everyone is as involved as you are about open source. For me, I just want the code to be open. The rest I could care less, as I find it much better for making a realistic aircraft to pass all contributions through quality control, and yes ours is rather tight, but only because we want to develop the best aircraft we can. Again if you don't agree, fine, but don't say I am WRONG, or such just because I have a different opinion. This is why we review every pull request, and reject work that does not match the real plane enough, or is not stable enough. In fact, I even took you up on it and merged into a separate branch, something I usually do not do.

Trust me, I have no wish to argue, but if you continue dissing me because of my style of development, what choice do I have? Should I just let you talk trash about me? I think not.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft