Board index FlightGear Media

MayDay RED plane Yak-53M1 test flight

Screenshots, videos, sound recording etc. taken in/with FlightGear.

Re: MayDay RED plane Yak-53M1 test flight

Postby mmgfg2 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Annual half year demo video of new developing mode of Yak-53M1-I.
Now is video of live flight (flight by pilot point of view, is recorded during real flight, not by replay) .
http://yadi.sk/i/mL52UK8graRJ6

Video shows new indicators of front panel.
Fligh mode is low throttle and coarse propeller pitch, using non-zero roll stabilizer in 13 degree left roll: climb, then engine off, reach AOA alarm, gliding down.
Later some aerobatic figures and landing.

Notes:
GYRO panel POWER indicator is in development - displayed data is incorrect, refer to RPM/boost indicator below.
Direct overload PEAK 5G is made by mistake of my flight control in model view during video capture service.
Unattended climb by elevator movement with engine low during flaps position change while descending to land is made by mistake of my flight control.
There are no other big dangerous events in video.

Video soundtracks list:
http://yadi.sk/i/OqVYXQQ5rccje

Origin of news:
http://yadi.sk/i/WchY_0Z2rchMN
mmgfg2

Postby mmgfg2 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Yak-53M1-I is real aircraft.

I've found that some people claims the Yak-53M1-I is not a real aircraft. They probably did not read even section "about" of the provided aircraft documentation.

In real Yak-53M1-I has the glider from real Yak-52/53 trainig aircraft (designed 50 years ago) and has new internal equipment. The new pilot environment was elaborated with intention to be suitable for personal computer environment used as simulator.

And anytime you can make the Yak-53M1-I "in metal", but it will be very expensive, fortunatelly in modern time we can do some tests of new aircrafts in computer environment.

Do you believe that you can drive your aircraft on the gound in flight simulator? With Yak-53M1-the driving is possible and is the same easy as in air. The video is live (by pilot point of view in game) driving and flight:
http://yadi.sk/i/Km_w57GasBnHM
mmgfg2

Postby mmgfg2 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:46 pm

Though "YAK-53M1-I" is civil aircraft, in celebration of "100 years of SU Naval Air Forces" i introduce festive aircraft YAK-53M1-I:
model: YAK-53M1-I2000V25JM1360F240C300T1900
update version: r160717

2000hp engine, under live design.
You never get enough money to buy the plane anywhere!

Download aircraft:
by folder containing text files with links to the model update r160717 and other model versions
or by direct links to the model update r160717 and extra videos and images of update r160717 .

PS:
and in addition Mouse used as (Joystick+TrackIR) - win32 program MJ, update version: 1.04 15072016.
There is published folder with most recent version of MJ and "changelog.txt" file.
There is source code of MJ, intended to compile with Microsoft VSExpress 2013.
MJ is designed only to provide DCF controls (as for YAK-53M1-I inside FG does) in other aviasim via joystick.
mmgfg2

Postby mmgfg2 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:28 pm

PPS (for MJ01):
In the "Day of Air Fleet" i uploaded "Visual Studio 2013 redistributable x86" in subfolder of MJ folder. The files are required for compiled MJ01 1.04 150716 executable (if the redistributable files were not installed before by any other applications). You can download the files directly from microsoft.com by reference in file info.txt also.
mmgfg2

Postby mmgfg2 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:02 pm

Patch 01 for r160717.

Video manual for nose gear control in YAK-53-M1-I: "fgfs 2016-08-26 v3.avi": http://yadi.sk/i/K6XQ764CuWLpc
patch descripton: "patch01.txt": http://yadi.sk/i/-YHRYJEBuWM4H

Short info:
There is inaccuracy in FlightGear V2.10 for gear forces evaluations with very low magnitues that leads to free rolling nose gear rotated to nearly 90 degrees to propulsion force direction and fixed the angle in long time after aircraft was braked on the ground.

In the case you need to set very high engine power to produce side component of the propulsion force to move aircraft ahead after it was braked (it looks like aircraft was digged into ground by the nose gear).

Solution:
a) Add into file "Set/Yak-53M1-keyb.xml"
after existed expressions (at line 479)
Code: Select all
   <key n="48">
   <name>0</name>
   <desc>Engine sections UP</desc>
   <binding>
      <command>nasal</command>
      <script>uac.key_engine_sections_up()</script>
   </binding>   
   </key>

the new lines (at line 488)
Code: Select all
   <!-- -->
   <key n="357">
   <name>Up</name>
   <desc>Connect steer wheel</desc>
   <binding>
      <command>property-assign</command>
      <property>fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit/castered</property>
      <value type="bool">false</value>
   </binding>
   </key>

<key n="359">
   <name>Down</name>
   <desc>Disconnect steer wheel</desc>
   <binding>
      <command>property-assign</command>
      <property>fdm/jsbsim/gear/unit/castered</property>
      <value type="bool">true</value>
   </binding>
   </key>

b) Use "cursor UP" to set nose gear control by rudder and "cursor DN" to set nose gear free rolled (consider included "video manual" for nose gear control to more info).
mmgfg2

Postby mmgfg2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:42 am

There is YAK-53M1 curious and dangerous engine failure in landing
Video: http://yadi.sk/i/_QVLqPcK3XRm9h

Description and text in video:
1)
not all indicators display real flight parameters in the replay (they are not recorded in FG tape for the YAK)

2)
turn for landing
check EGT and CHT temperature indicators are correct

3)
while gliding down move throttle off and propeller is lean (engine mode 1)
check white column in left side of two-digits RPM in engine indicator
(*) check EGT and CHT temperature indicators are falling down

4)
the recorded sound click is gear down (and flaps down) completed

5)
set engine mode 3 for landing
check white column in left side of two-digits RPM in engine indicator

pull lever to climb to reduce vertical speed
in the time unexpectedly sounded "AOA exceeded alert"

6)
move throttle completely on (engine full power)
check all the columns in the same engine indicator
- in left side, white column for throttle position
- in right side, purple column for intake manifold pressure
- pink column for fuel part in mixture and below green light of active automixer
- cyan column for propeller load
and check the same in indicators with needle

but engine RPM is falling down anyway
in the time pilot does not understand what is going on

7)
in 20 meters of high pilot was not able to detect failure and pulled "eject" lever, after that plane crashed

8)
checking review of the flight shows that remaining fuel level was not controlled by pilot (it was always very enough fuel for the type of flights) and fuel was over already in the time (*) when throttle was off and plane was gliding before engine power on in landing

the fuel level state is displayed also in the
- fuel tank level (signs "-")
- three-digit indicator of total fuel with three red 000

engine indicator also turned to inactive (blue lights) state of engine work

9)
check engine indicator turned to inactive (blue lights) state of engine work and engine noise disappeared, but pilot considered lost of power by climb reason
Happily escaped.
mmgfg2

Postby Mikoyan_2129 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am

Nice job, I enjoyed reading through the topic and looking at how the plane got better and better. Are these planes privately owned in Russia or are they government/official property through DOSAAF like in the "good old" times?
Mikoyan_2129

Postby mmgfg2 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:23 am

Mikoyan_2129 wrote in Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am:Nice job
be my guest, i did it for myself.

Mikoyan_2129 wrote in Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am: the plane got better and better
"the best is the enemy of a perfect", the work with model is hard for some reasons, we can only make a shape of our known targets, to resolve our exercises and to save the new systems light and handy in maintain, all other systems remained as we got them in the model from internet.

we can use green paint over grass but it does nothing to targets we are solving. all patches are intended to remove errors or to add rest parts of our old targets that was not done before.

Mikoyan_2129 wrote in Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am: Are these planes privately owned in Russia
not sure what are you looking for. Base training YAK-52 is wide-spreaded aircraft and "YAK-53M1-<number>" is the 52 internal systems improvement of for the "number" targets. If you can buy own aircraft you can probably implement any "number" you want. In virtual sim environment it is easy to select any "number" we want for free.
mmgfg2

Previous

Return to Media