Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

Research: request for interview participants

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Research: request for interview participants

Postby victorgirotto » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Victor Girotto, and I’m a computer science PhD candidate at Arizona State University. I am very interested in supporting creativity in distributed groups, such as those working in open source projects. My current research aims to understand how the medium used for this collaboration, such as discussion forums and mailing lists, affects the creative output of these groups.

I’d like to invite you to participate in an interview. This interview will last for at most 1 hour, and will be conducted through video conferencing. In it, I’ll simply ask you questions about your experiences collaborating with the community, especially about coming up with new features. Interview participants will be compensated with a $10 Amazon gift card. I will be conducting interviews throughout this week.

If you are interested in participating, please fill out this very brief form and I'll get in touch with you: https://goo.gl/forms/f3UUUzjoNcvbf8Ck1 I can’t guarantee that if you sign up you will be interviewed, but I’ll do my best to accommodate as many participants as possible.

All your information will be private, and your name will not be stored in association with the data. If you have any concerns about privacy, I’ll be glad to answer any questions.

I have looked for the place I judged most appropriate for this post, but if you think there is a better place for me to post this, I’ll gladly post it over there. Or if you think this type of post is not appropriate at all, I apologize. I will not insist on it and it may be deleted according to the discretion of the managers.

Best regards,

Victor Girotto
victorgirotto

Re: Research: request for interview participants

Postby fb237 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:47 pm

May I suggest you take a look at Blender. They've got a mailing list, IRC conferences on Freenode, actual physical conferences, archived forum, and a very strong community. What you have here is not quite the same thing, but similar in a few ways. My point being it depends on the project really a lot, so sample a few. I feel that is what your doing.
Last edited by fb237 on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fb237

Callsign: fb237
Version: next

Postby stuart » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 pm

Hi Victor,

This is the correct place to post, so don't worry :).

I've copied your post to the FlightGear Developers mailing list as well, so catch a wider audience of contributors.

Good luck with your research!

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby victorgirotto » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:47 am

Hi Stuart,

Thank you, greatly appreciate it! :)

Victor
victorgirotto

Return to The FlightGear project