Board index FlightGear Support

TerraMaster help

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: TerraMaster help

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm:what do you mean by downloading with torrent

someone was maintaining a torrent image of the scenery... i don't know if they still are or how often it is updated...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm:maybe it could be of use to me as I'm lucky to get 2mbps down off peak times, despite the isp's claim of 38 mbps....

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm:I want to be able to download large amounts as If I set to download them overnight, I was hoping that they would be finished and I would be able to start the flight.. And I post timelapses of flights and Long haul flight scenery can only be downloaded overnight w/ my connection speed, but if I have to download it bit by bit It won't be of use to me until a week or so. Sorry if I sound bratty... just want to be able to download lots of scenery overnight

no, not bratty... i'm over 50 years old and i will get ""grumpy"" in cases similar to yours... you're doing well with what you have and there is a bit of a learning curve, as you're finding out...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm:
maybe i misread what you were trying to say? "the more tiles you have" seems to indicate those on your local drive...

he said in the video that the more tiles you have downloaded, TerraMaster has to go through everything before downloading it.. maybe he is wrong.

who said? what video? how old is it? got a link??

it may have been that way when SVN was being used because all the files have to be checked but now, with the new protocol methodology, the servers do the work and the files are downloaded over HTTP... SVN is out, down, and gone... in getting rid of SVN, you even regain the disk space that the SVN database takes up... when i cleared mine, it was as large as the scenery so i gained some ~80Gig in drive space... make sure you configure your TerraMaster to use HTTP to download the scenery files... leave SVN by the side of the road where it belongs ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:28 pm

Yeah, I read that SVN is old.. so I'm using HTTP. Yeah The Internet is atrocious... i wouldn't mind if we were paying for 7 mbps or so but paying for 38mbps down and only getting 2.. like really? At least we are changing isp.. hopefully it should be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxWV4wk_dHw
This is the Terramaster tutorial video I watched and he said the more tiles you have the longer it takes... its sorta old so maybe thats why

Anyway its 10:30 here.. gn! Cya, and thank you for the phenomenal amount of help over the last few days
Flies any Boeing plane 737-300>
Favourite plane - 777-300ER
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby Clive2670 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Nandoo FYI I completed the "test" on terramaster by deleting all the tiles covering the UK, With my fibre Broadband connection speed of 32Mbps Download, To download all the tiles again took 6 hours in total, so if you are only managing 2Mbps this I suspect will at least quadruple your download times to a minimum for the same amount of scenery to around 24 hours all going well! Hope this answers some of your questions? Clive
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:41 pm

well, that video isn't that old, really... 5 or 6 months... i was thinking it might have been 2 or 3 years old...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Clive2670 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:57 pm

wkitty42, the link in the description on the video is quite an outdated version of Terramaster though, As far as I'm aware this version is no longer updated, That is why I put the link on the previous page to portreekids updated version https://github.com/Portree-Kid/terramaster , As I think (don't quote me on this) reeed has given consent to Keith (portreekid) to take the development of terramaster forwards. I just noticed Keith has just released another update on his github page 22 hours ago, the latest is 1.12_37
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:47 pm

i didn't look at that... only the date of the video which was Oct 2017 ;)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Nandoo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Is it necessary for me to download the most recent TerraMaster each time a new one comes out? I hope not lol
I downloaded TerraMaster from the link @Clive2670 sent me and I'm downloading half of Europe. Hopefully this time it works.. fingers crossed.

Thank you for all of your inputs the last few days, it is so nice to have such a helpful community here at FG:)
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:56 pm

it should not be "necessary" but it would be a GoodThing<tm> since the new versions fix bugs and add features/enhancements...

it is good to hear that your scenery downloads are working better now :)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Nandoo » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:01 pm

It works!!! I am OVERJOYED :D. I just did a flight from LOWW to LXGB (Vienna to Gibraltar) and all the scenery loaded, apart from 1 or 2 tiles, that's understandable. I am so happy! all thanks you you guys. I'll be sure to come here again. Once again, thank you to all that have helped me! The scenery around LSGG and LOWI is FANTASTIC, especially with the mountains!
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:08 pm

WHOOHOO! excellent news... so apparently some of your problem was caused by using the older version of TM that didn't use the new HTTP-based update protocol... that and the sole server offering SVN was having problems... SVN is dead! long live SVN...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Clive2670 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:37 pm

:D :D :D I'm glad you sorted your problems. That is what the community is here for, We'll all put our ten peneth (or ten cents for wkitty!!) worth in, and usually it will help to resolve anybody's issues in the end!! Well glad you can now fly and see scenery! :P Oh also keep a link in your bookmarks for the new Terramaster and just open it once every couple of weeks and check for updates as Keith (portreekid) regulary updates and you can make sure you have the latest version!
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Previous

Return to Support