Board index FlightGear Support

TerraMaster help

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

TerraMaster help

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Mac OS High Sierra
FG 2017.3.1
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB
Occurs with every aircraft
scenery downloaded from TerraMaster, aircraft from default hangar

I've encountered some problems with TerraMaster. I downloaded the whole of the UK, and only certain airports would load. EGPH would load for example, but not EGLL. And, Terramaster seems to be getting stuck if I ask it to synchronise a lot of tiles, not a whole continent or something, but i'll select France, Spain and italy to download, but it gets stuck at around 10-20% I know it's stuck because I will leave the display on overnight to download it and it won't be downloaded when I wake up (about 8 hours). I downloaded Spain individually, and it didn't get stuck. But nothing will load, I really would appreciate some help. I'm sure the directories are correct as some airports will load

Here are my screenshots

https://imgur.com/a/hnWvk
Flies any Boeing plane 737-300>
Favourite plane - 777-300ER
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Re: TerraMaster help

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:00 pm

you should be able to stop TerraMaster (click the [STOP] button?) from downloading and try starting the download again (click the [DOWNLOAD] button after TM stops)...

FWIW1: there is a huge amount of data to download for the scenery... it is possible that TerraMaster is getting stuck if it is pulling from SourceForge... they're still having some problems since their move to a new data center...

FWIW2: here's some numbers for the whole world scenery, JFYI...
  • Terrain and Objects (the bulk of the scenery)
    • files - 1 669 439
    • directories - 39 329
    • total size - 83.2 GiB (89 308 396 361 bytes)
  • OSM Buildings, Pylons and Roads
    • files - 101 290
    • directories - 276
    • total size - 5.8 GiB (6 261 946 379 bytes)
  • Airports and Models
    • files - 56 941
    • directories - 6 842
    • total size - 502.6 MiB (527 048 581 bytes)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm

FYI I have the whole world downloaded, this is abround 83 Gb this took in the region of 4 days (24 hours running) to download over a reasonable fibre broadband connection +35 Mbps. But also please put your settings up for Terramaster. Are you also downloading via HTTP or SVN? Also if you download buildings as well as terrain & objects this will slow down Terramaster in its download process! As I said can you put more information on your settings please? Also can I ask, are you putting all Terramaster downloaded files in a COMPLETELY separate folder and then pointing the qtlauncher at this seperate folder? ( It might not be but I suspect if you are downloading to the terrasync folder this may be causing Terramaster to "hang up" No doubt wkitty42 maybe able to confirm that this could also cause this problem?)
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 pm

I've tried re starting the download but it will still get stuck.. Even the downloaded tiles wont load. Ive downloaded Ireland, but the airports wont load. FG just says loading scenery for ever
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:20 pm

Which version are you using, what are your setting please,
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:22 pm

Clive2670 wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm:As I said can you put more information on your settings please?

yes, it would be good to see the TerraMaster settings other than just the download storage path...

Clive2670 wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm:Also can I ask, are you putting all Terramaster downloaded files in a COMPLETELY separate folder and then pointing the qtlauncher at this seperate folder?

yes, he is doing this... the folder is on on his desktop...

Clive2670 wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:16 pm:( It might not be but I suspect if you are downloading to the terrasync folder this may be causing Terramaster to "hang up" No doubt wkitty42 maybe able to confirm that this could also cause this problem?)

there should not be any problems with TM downloading into the TerraSync folder... especially if TerraSync is turned off and even moreso if the sim is not running...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:23 pm

OK sorry I didn't see these settings! I Didn't see the image link at the bottom! https://github.com/Portree-Kid/terramaster I use this version and haven't had any issues with it
Last edited by Clive2670 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:24 pm

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 pm:I've tried re starting the download but it will still get stuck..

it will continue to get stuck as long as the server is having problems and TM is running into those problems... this depends on which server is being used, though...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:19 pm:Even the downloaded tiles wont load.

they may not be complete... if you can go into that folder and tell us the name of a "tile" that won't load, we can tell you how many files should be in there and their sizes... a "tile" would be like this...

Terrain/e000n00/e000n05

that's one "tile" but these are broken up into more divisions which are numbered in the filenames in each of these "tile" directories... note that this is just the terrain data... the objects are in the Objects directory in the same form... you don't really need "Objects" but they do dress things up nicely :)
Last edited by wkitty42 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:26 pm

I'm just doing a quick trial of the UK on my Terramaster and will post my results
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Thanks for all of your inputs. I've been using a different version of terramaster. this may be the issue. my terramaster settings are in the imgur link.. please check it, I'm using HTTP as I saw somewhere that this was the new one.

w009n54 is an example of a tile that will not load. Entered EISG into the locations tab in the simulator NOT IN THE LAUNCHER(where you choose your location) and nothing showed up.. just says loading scenery.... The tile in which this airport is in is green in TerraMaster
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm

FWIW my Terramaster is VERY slow in downloading tiles as well, try clicking on that one tile and then "snycronise old tiles" button on Terramaster and see if that helps...wait for the green line at the top to completely finish! Try downloading the version from the above link as the version changes on a very regular basis. Remember to delete your old version ( BUT you can keep the scenery directory) and try that version...but I suspect it is a Terrasync server issue due to the amount of time my Terramaster is taking to download tiles just for the UK alone as this would normally only take about 5 minutes on my machine!!! PS Your settings all look ok to me (Exactly what I use)
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the reason it is slow is because, I read somewhere that the more tiles you have, the longer it takes. My issue is not the speed, mainly the fact that I can't download large amounts of scenery at once and the fact that it won't load. I will try the github link you posted, as it is different to where I downloaded it from tomorrow. BTW I don't have a "synchronise old tiles" button? Maybe due to the version I am using. I read that the forked TerraMaster is more recent so hopefully it will work :?:
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:33 pm

Ahh yes sounds like a really old version try Portreekids version in the link this may help but i'm really slow as well BUT it won't do any harm to upgrade to the latest version!
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 pm

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm:Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the reason it is slow is because, I read somewhere that the more tiles you have, the longer it takes.

no... that's someone talking ignorance... it has nothing to do with the tiles you have on your system... of course it will take longer for a download to finish if you have selected a large number of tiles to download... maybe i misread what you were trying to say? "the more tiles you have" seems to indicate those on your local drive...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm:My issue is not the speed, mainly the fact that I can't download large amounts of scenery at once

try taking smaller bites and you won't choke so easily ;)

in other words, click one square and let it download before clicking another one... when i first pulled the world in, i was on a 3Meg DSL line that was very noisy because of water leakage into the line... it took days and i resorted to downloading via torrent...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm:and the fact that it won't load.

again, they may not be fully downloaded... i forget how the files are ordered...

Nandoo wrote in Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:16 pm:I will try the github link you posted, as it is different to where I downloaded it from tomorrow. BTW I don't have a "synchronise old tiles" button? Maybe due to the version I am using. I read that the forked TerraMaster is more recent so hopefully it will work :?:

portreekid's version is a continuation of reeed's... reeed disappeared some time back and has not returned to apply portreekid's updates to his repo... at this time, portreekid is effectively the maintainer of TerraMaster... especially since the whole downloading methodology has changed and SVN is no longer used...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Nandoo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:14 pm

what do you mean by downloading with torrent, maybe it could be of use to me as I'm lucky to get 2mbps down off peak times, despite the isp's claim of 38 mbps....

I want to be able to download large amounts as If I set to download them overnight, I was hoping that they would be finished and I would be able to start the flight.. And I post timelapses of flights and Long haul flight scenery can only be downloaded overnight w/ my connection speed, but if I have to download it bit by bit It won't be of use to me until a week or so. Sorry if I sound bratty... just want to be able to download lots of scenery overnight

maybe i misread what you were trying to say? "the more tiles you have" seems to indicate those on your local drive...

he said in the video that the more tiles you have downloaded, TerraMaster has to go through everything before downloading it.. maybe he is wrong.
FlightGear noob
Nandoo

Next

Return to Support