Board index Other Forum

Can't post

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Can't post

Postby BJW » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:19 am

I have an ongoing thread in Flying and suddenly find for the last 2 days I cannot see my replies to the last question sent to me. Is there a problem with the website currently?
BJW

Version: 2017.3.1

Re: Can't post

Postby BJW » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 am

My post can be seen here, so why are my posts not being seen on Flying?
BJW

Postby bugman » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:00 am

I suggest reloading your browser page. You do have multiple posts there with the same content as this thread. Maybe your browser is playing up, as there is no such issues with this forum and the widely used phpBB software behind it. Maybe you need to clear your browser history as well as all cookies.

Regards,

Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby BJW » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 am

Thank you bugman. Did as you suggested and posted again to Flying group, I'm told post successful and it appears there at the bottom of the thread. When I reopen the website my reply is not seen there. Any other ideas please? Maybe I should start another new thread.
BJW

Postby bugman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 am

I don't think anyone has seen anything like this before. Are you sure that this is not your post:

You can also see all your posts on this forum at:

Which web browser are you using? And which OS? What exactly do you mean by "reopen the website", as this is quite ambiguous? Note, there is no need to open a new thread for this.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby BJW » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:35 am

Thank you Edward, yes I can see them when I use your link to the Flying group. I am on windows 10, and am using Chrome. When I say reopen website, I close down Chrome when I’m not using it, reopen Chrome later and navigate to the FlightGear website.
So yes I can see my latest posts via your link but if I go back to Support-Flying and to my thread nothing more is showing there after wkitty42’s last message on Apr 04 at 4.16 pm.
This is happening on both my laptop and phone. Yes I do realise I don’t need to start another thread each time and this only started happening two days ago all was working fine before, that’s why I posted to the Forum group to see if if I could post my new navigation problem there of not seeing my posts. What am I doing wrong?
BJW

Postby Gijs » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:56 am

Hm, sounds strange. We've never heard anything like that.

Just to make sure, you do know that topics can have multiple pages, depending on the number of posts? The one linked by Bugman for example has two pages. If a topic has multiple pages, there are links to navigate through the pages at the bottom and top of the topic.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby BJW » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:43 am

Thank you so much gijs, that's it, didn't see the Next below the posts.
BJW

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 am

yeah, this sounds like BJW isn't seeing the [next] link at the bottom of the page or seeing the page links at the top and the bottom... all of these links are on the right hand side beside the "number of posts" count... there's 9 messages on the second page and some of those BJW wrote himself...

[EDIT] we were writing at the same time :lol: [/EDIT]

"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Forum