Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Especial request

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Re: Especial request

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:20 am

are you saying that the program crashes? if you are running it on linux, please find the log file as ~/.fgfs/fgfs.log and the previous log as ~/.fgfs/fgfs_0.log...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:29 am

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:20 am:are you saying that the program crashes? if you are running it on linux, please find the log file as ~/.fgfs/fgfs.log and the previous log as ~/.fgfs/fgfs_0.log...

Mennesker inkl. doktoravhandling grad professorer har misforstått. Jeg har sagt at jeg klarer ikke å kompilere kildekode til program så jeg kan få postet fgfs.log og fgfs_0.log!
Humans incl. Ph.D grad professors have misunderstood. I have said that I could not to compile source code to program so I can post fgfs.log and fgfs_0.log.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:43 am

yes, we saw that in your initial post when we asked why you were trying to compile 20 year old code. in your point 3 of that post, you mentioned having gotten 2017.2.1 from store.flightgear.org... if you have 2017.2.1, it should be operational if you have installed it... if you are trying to compile the latest code in the repository, you need to post the output of your attempt to configure and compile the code...

google-translate (sorry):
Ja, vi så det i ditt første innlegg da vi spurte hvorfor du prøvde å kompilere 20 år gammel kode. i ditt punkt 3 i det innlegget nevnte du at du hadde fått 2017.2.1 fra store.flightgear.org ... hvis du har 2017.2.1, bør den være operativ hvis du har installert den ... hvis du prøver å kompilere siste kode i depotet, må du legge ut resultatet av forsøket på å konfigurere og kompilere koden ...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Him... i will not post log file after an situation for several months ago that i could not using lock function at the physical sd-card which i suspicious possibility hacked. I should using lock function to secaret the texst inside the log file. After reading sad specification after printed to the paper, i understood false security which only give lixom message to spying persons that They should not but still heving The small birds on the veranda encourage me to travel to spain at holiday after i observer They did not eat bits of bread. I am wishing you neutral holiday.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:12 pm

there is nothing in the flightgear logs that is of any real importance... it is all about flightgear... at worse, your user name and directory structure related only to FG... you can always change your user name in your shared/posted logs... i do but that's all i change...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Hooray » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:22 pm

if in doubt, you can set up a dedicated "fgfs" user account on your computer for anything involving FlightGear - this is what I'd recommend to do anyway, because that way, there's no way for any of your private/work related stuff (documents etc) to be compromised while tinkering with FlightGear. Alternatively, you could dual-boot into fgfs and/or install fgfs on a separate flash drive or USB drive.

Speaking in general, it's much more likely that your usual internet software (browser, mail client etc) would contribute to a compromised system than fgfs itself.

However, there's admittedly an increasing number of features added to fgfs that can definitely be considered potential attack vectors (networking, multiplayer, terrasync, fgcom, package manager, aircraft center, new Qt5 launcher or tiled maps).

If you're concerned about any of these, my suggestion would be to run fgfs in an isolated environment (separate hard disk/computer), without providing any network/internet access at all.

Personally, I am not overly concerned actually, but I would agree that it's very unfortunate that more and more "live" functionality is added, i.e. features that introduce more and more hard-coded assumptions about a fgfs process always being "online" automatically, and often also on a broadband connection.

Thus, it would probably not be such a bad idea to introduce a dedicated "offline mode" that would disable such functionality for good (at least for the duration of the session).
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:07 pm

OK, jeg skal skrive noe i min VK.com profil.
OK, I shall write something in my VK.com profil.
Last edited by bugman on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire previous post.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Previous

Return to Compiling