Board index Other Forum

Bell 412: Here we go....

Questions about the forum itself, suggestions or issues with the forum software.

Re: Bell 412: Here we go....

Postby Thorsten » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:18 am

Why can't we all be friends...

Some of us are concerned with copyright - that makes for unpleasant scenes meeting those who are not. Some of us are also concerned with factual accuracy - that makes for unpleasantness when meeting those who tend to mis-represent events to suit their tale. That's it in a nutshell - we don't share the same values - difficult to be friends then.
Thorsten

Postby hans05 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:27 am

@Alant:

Postby Alant » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:04 am
This seems to be an fgmembers project, where different rules regarding GPL, copyright and politeness apply.

Why is it important whether or not the Bell 412 is a fgmembers project or not?
Why do you speculate on that?
This fgmembers thing already came in a previous post. Would somebody be willing to explain to me why?

Postby it0uchpods » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:51 am
Why can't we all be friends...

Guys lets end this argument, it's not going anywhere... my $0.02

Yep, that would be nice. In real life this is not a problem: A person treats me impolitely, I walk away. A person behaves politely, could develop to be a friend.
Here in the forum the only way I can think of to "walk away" is by clearly telling people to ignore me and promise that I will ignore them. But unfortunately that seems to not work here.
In real life it would (in my opinion) resemble the situation that I walk away from somebody but s/he just keeps on following me continuing to harass and insult me. What I would do in real life....well, I do not dare to write this here because I acknowledge a great danger of being misunderstood. But think yourself how you would react.
hans05

Postby swampthing » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 am

It was a cheap shot hans05. Some people take cheap shots any time they get a chance, with no proof to back it up. I see it all aspects of life. It speaks volumes of ones character.
www.opredflag.com
I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson-
swampthing

Callsign: swamp
Version: 2018.2

Postby hans05 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:02 am

Postby swampthing » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:47 am
It was a cheap shot hans05. Some people take cheap shots any time they get a chance, with no proof to back it up. I see it all aspects of life. It speaks volumes of ones character.

Does it make you feel better to have written this?
Otherwise I fail to see how your post would constructively contribute to anything.
hans05

Previous

Return to Forum