Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Systems

Black Box

Modeling aircraft systems, like electrical stuff, hydraulics, pneumatics? Feel free to ask support.

Re: Black Box

Postby Haversine » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:51 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm:@Haversine: that person could be you ;)

the module could be written in any of several languages and the output fed into FG... the module might also be written in FG's NASAL script and run from within FG... since it appears to be a specialized task, those interested in it would be the best candidates to create and maintain it...

I´d love to make this module. But sadly my coding experience is very poor. The last code that I wrote (Borland C) was about 20 years ago....jajaj

Thank anyway for your tips...
Haversine

Re: Black Box

Postby Hooray » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:59 pm

the pointers I posted should get you going without needing much of a coding background, it's mainly a matter of reading, a bit of tinkering and learning about XML and the property tree. One hour spent doing exactly that, will get you on the right path - and you'll see that there's quite a bit of existing work that can be leveraged, without having to touch a single line of code.

Someone who's ever written Borland/Turbo C code should feel right at home with the required concepts, we have many contributors who have never written a single line of code, let alone compiled a program, yet, they're able to use the sim and customize it as needed.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Previous

Return to Systems