Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Flightgear crashes

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Flightgear crashes

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 pm

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?Windows 7 32 bit
- what FlightGear version do you use?2017.3.1
- what graphics card do you have?N/A
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?No
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?I didnt download any extra planes or scenery
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?idk

guys pls help me out. I installed fg 2.0.0 first and it was running kind of smoothly but i had a few lags. then i installed fg 2017.3.1 and when i pressed fly, a new fg window opened but it was full white. after a min, it came as normal but it was more laggier and then after 30 seconds it crashes.
Sry if i posted on the wrong section
I hav 2 gb ddr3 ram, core duo processor.
SpeedmasterxXx

Callsign: 9W-321
Version: 2018.2.3RC

Re: Flightgear crashes

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:20 pm

when i start my flightgear, it is already using 1.5Gig of RAM... add in the OS and other tasks running in the background and 2Gig is eaten up pretty fast... i would guess that your system is swapping... if swapping is the problem, the solution is to upgrade the memory... recommend 8Gig or more but you might be ok with 4Gig...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Hooray » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:23 pm

the "new fg window" you are referring to, could you possibly share a screenshot with us ?
This is just to ensure that this is indeed a flightgear window, and not a/the launcher (think fgrun, or the built-in one).
If the issue is launcher related, it should be possible to disable whatever launcher you are using.
But for specific instructions, we'd need more/better information - maybe in the form of a few screenshots showing the problem ?
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby SpeedmasterxXx » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes it is a flightgear window
https://imgur.com/iPEBL9X
My computer uses 1073 mb ram and i think its getting out of ram when i open fg

And if it is a comp spec problem, then sometimes i will make a gaming pc by march.
SpeedmasterxXx

Callsign: 9W-321
Version: 2018.2.3RC

Postby florian » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:05 pm

SpeedmasterxXx wrote in Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:38 pm:- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?Windows 7 32 bit
- what FlightGear version do you use?2017.3.1
- what graphics card do you have?N/A
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?No
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?I didnt download any extra planes or scenery
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?idk

guys pls help me out. I installed fg 2.0.0 first and it was running kind of smoothly but i had a few lags. then i installed fg 2017.3.1 and when i pressed fly, a new fg window opened but it was full white. after a min, it came as normal but it was more laggier and then after 30 seconds it crashes.
Sry if i posted on the wrong section
I hav 2 gb ddr3 ram, core duo processor.

I think FG crashes because your machine is simply too old and not powerful enough to run a recent releases of FG. You didn't tell us what video card you use, though the rest of the specs seems insufficient as well. You need a decent CPU, at least 8 GB RAM, and a video card with at least 1 GB RAM, better 2 GB (the more shaders, nvidia calls them cuda cores the better)
florian

Postby Clive2670 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:13 pm

My Toshiba laptop used to struggle and spit its dummy out on a regular basis when I was running 6Gb of RAM, (I now have 16Gb so my laptop is much happier!) so not suprised you are having problems with only 2Gb also you don't quote what sort of graphics card you have, As florian above put you do need a minimum of a graphics card with a bare minimum of 1 Gb of dedicated (onboard) RAM
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Graphics