Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

RPAS

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

RPAS

Postby danividanivi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:46 pm

I am working in a project to perform some RPAS procedures. Before the actual flight, I was thinking in simulating the procedure with Flightgear to make a sample video of what we are going to do.

Is there any available drone model to fly in FlightGear?
I found this one: https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=29975 but I was looking for something smaller, like a quadcopter or small rotorcraft.

In case there is not, I was thinking in using a helicopter flight model but replacing the 3D graphics of the big helicopter with a small rotorcraft.
So it would behave like an Alouette but look like a quadcopter in the video.

Is this possible? Can someone give me directions about how to do it?

Thank you!
danividanivi

Re: RPAS

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm

i can't give you directions but i remember seeing someone playing with what appeared to be a RC model at KSFO a year or two back... it wasn't the blue/yellow glider... that means i must have it in my local hanger which means that it is in FGAddon since that is my local hanger... i just don't know what craft it was since it was so long ago... it was definitely little and hard to see unless i was almost on top of it in the UFO... as i recall, it was a single prop craft with low wings and dragging its tail... from memory maybe a five foot wingspan? that's all i got... take a good look through the craft in FGAddon... don't forget to turn off the filters so you can see all the craft...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby danividanivi » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:52 am

wkitty42 wrote in Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 pm:i can't give you directions but i remember seeing someone playing with what appeared to be a RC model at KSFO a year or two back... it wasn't the blue/yellow glider... that means i must have it in my local hanger which means that it is in FGAddon since that is my local hanger... i just don't know what craft it was since it was so long ago... it was definitely little and hard to see unless i was almost on top of it in the UFO... as i recall, it was a single prop craft with low wings and dragging its tail... from memory maybe a five foot wingspan? that's all i got... take a good look through the craft in FGAddon... don't forget to turn off the filters so you can see all the craft...

I followed your advice and I think I found it.
Were you talking about the ATI Resolution 3?
http://www.atiak.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DataSheetResolution0412.pdf
I'd rather use a quadcopter or something more similar to a heli, but this is the best I have for now. Thank you!
danividanivi

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

yeah, that might be it! i think someone else was working on a quadcopter but i don't recall for sure... i know i've seen talk about such...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Aircraft