Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

Especial request

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

Especial request

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:28 pm

Hei.
Jeg spør en spesiell forespørsel:
1. Hvordan kompilere FlightGear 0,19?
2. Hvordan kompilere FlightGear 0,59 uten X og derfor OpenGL?
3. Kan noen i Bergen, Norge, sette opp en datamaskin med den nye Ryzen apu med integrert grafikk, til å redusere komponent kompatibilitet problemer, med FlightGear 2017,2,1 som jeg kjøpte gjennom store.flightgear.org med bare 15 minutter begrenset flytid så jeg kan ikke fly lang men bruke datamaskin som en testing plattform til å bygge fly instrumenter og menneskelig roboter og matvogn og slik som jeg vil ikke eksportere til NATO/OTAN og ikke nyere flytyper som inkluderer crt, monitorer og slikt; analogt alternativ teknologi. Og en mer hint: Jeg vil ikke selge datamaskiner, minidatamaskiner, bærbar pc, men leie ut til konkrete formål slik som skole, firma, spillarkade, flyplasser, fabrikker, hjelpemidler, matbutikker, biler, kjøleskap, høreapparat, penge-teller, og så videre.
Hilsen Øyvind Hagen.

Hi.
I am asking for an especial request:
1. How to compiling FlightGear 0,19?
2. How to compile FlightGear 0,59 without X and thus OpenGL?
3. Can anyone in Bergen, Norway, set up a computer With the New Ryzen apu With Integrated Graphics, to reduce Component compatibility problems, With FlightGear 2017,2,1 that I bought through Store.flightgear.org With only 15 minutes limit flight time so I cannot fly long but using the computer as a testing platform to build flight instruments and human-robots and food-wagon which and such I will not export to NATO/OTAN and not newer airplanes that including crt, flat monitors and such; analogous alternative technology. And one more hint: I won't selling computers, minicomputers, Laptop, but rent out to concrete goals such as School, Company, game-arcade, airports, factories, aid, food-shops, cars, refrigerator, hearing-aid, money-counting, etc.
Greeting from Hagen Øy-Vind.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Re: Especial request

Postby RJ5576 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 am

Why do you want to compile FlightGear 0.19 and 0.59? You're aware that they're twenty years old, right?
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby Alant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 am

You can download the latest version of Flightgear from http://home.flightgear.org/download/. It is totally free.

"Store.flightgear.org" are selling a product that is an old copy of this GPL (free) project. They are theives, and have stolen your money..

Alan.

Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby RJ5576 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:31 am

Alant wrote in Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:24 am:"Store.flightgear.org" are selling a product that is an old copy of this GPL (free) project. They are theives, and have stolen your money..

Curious, then, that it's linked directly from the FlightGear website.
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby Gijs » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 am

Store.flightgear.org is a legitimate website. It is run by Curt, one of the founders of FlightGear. He sells dvds with the latest version of FlightGear for people on slow internet connections so they don't have to download the whole programme (and/or scenery). The same contents can be downloaded for free. This is all clearly explained on the website ;-)

@Hagen: if you're looking for an old version because the latest version has performance issues on your system, we better have a closer look at fixing those issues. Using a severely outdated version is usually not the best option and will definitely leave you with no support whatsoever.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby AndersG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:19 am

But surely there would be no "15 minutes flight time limit" on something sold from Curt's store?
I'd think there is either some sort of misunderstanding or somebody has setup a trojan store with a DNS name easily confused with store.flightgear.org .

It might help if the OP could provide a proper link to the store he used.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby Alant » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am

My sorry, to all, especially Curt. :oops:

If there are no objections I would like to delete my post.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby AndersG » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:27 am

Alant wrote in Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am:If there are no objections I would like to delete my post.

Simply edit it.
It is still odd that the OP thinks he got something with a 15 minute limit from it, however.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:30 pm

Gijs wrote in Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:09 am:Using a severely outdated version is usually not the best option and will definitely leave you with no support whatsoever.

not to mention that on-the-fly distributed scenery isn't even available any more and certainly none/few of today's craft will even work...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm

i suspect the "15 minute time limit" is a hardware problem... possibly a lack of memory and the system is swapping until it is completely unstable...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:28 pm

Vel, jeg går videre.

Well, I am going continue.

Hilsen Øyvind Hagen
Greetings Hagen Øy-Vind.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Postby Hooray » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:58 pm

There is a custom startup profile to test a subset of flightgear on outdated (less powerful) hardware: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Minimal_Startup_Profile

This "minimal startup profile" can be used for troubleshooting and benchmarking purposes, and it also provides a good baseline to help determine what's possible performance-wise and from a customization standpoint:

Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:34 pm

Det er ikke det som er problemet. Problemet er at jeg kan ikke kompilere. Jeg kan kjøre fra vanlig installasjon som er inkludert i Debian 9.0 som er 2016.4.4. Så dere har misforstått helt hva jeg prøver å be om hjelp. Jeg trenger kun enkel hjelp til å se hvis det virker til å kompilere og kjøre deretter kjøre uten problemer innsiden av hoved flightgear løkke som skal være problemfritt.Problemet begynte ikke før jeg merket dette før år 2013 fordi fsx ble for gammel med dens 32-bit plattform. Jeg prøver i norsk flysim side http://www.flightsim.no.
Hilsen fra Øyvind Hagen.

That's not this issue. The issue is that I cannot compiling. I can run from standard installation which is in Debian 9.0 which has the Version 2016.4.4. So you have misunderstood Whole what I am trying to explaining. I am just need simple help to see if that Works to compiling and run then run without any problems inside the main fg loop which should be error-free.
That problem I did not noticed and use fg heavily before about year 2013 because fsx became too old With its 32-bit platform. ______Not translated______
Greetings from Hagen Øy-Vind.
Last edited by bugman on Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire previous post.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Postby FlugHund » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Try this: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Building_FlightGear_-_Devuan
Should work with Debian, too, I hope it's up to date.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby Hagen_Oy-Vind » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:37 pm

In the FlightGear 0,19, there are GLUT-files in the GL folder which is zipped inside Win32 folder, so I have been unpacked to the correct place in the folder ./Src but I surprised that it is missing a makefile in folder GL after I found that after trying to compiling.
So I am asking how to make an makefile in the folder GL and fix that so I am able to compiling?
Have checked how to make a basic makefile about 5 minutes ago but do not understand completely nothing.
One day in short future, I will be trying to using computer without current from wall, which maybe helps, which replacing to battery to observe what's going on under the cabinet.

What do you thinking?
No translation: Jeg vet ikke men verdt en forsøk.

Har denne nyheten i https://www.digi.no/artikler/nrk-norge- ... erk/433441 noe med meg å gjøre?
Have this News in https://www.digi.no/artikler/nrk-norge- ... erk/433441 something with me to do ?

Hilsen Øyvind.
Last edited by Hagen_Oy-Vind on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Hagen_Oy-Vind

Next

Return to Compiling