Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Me and a friend do not see the other's real aircraft model.

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Me and a friend do not see the other's real aircraft model.

Postby Commando950 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Me and my friend can see each other but we have an incorrect model. We can see each other as the yellow gliders even if we downloaded each other's planes.

How can we fix this and be able to properly see each other's planes?

Thanks!
Commando950

Re: Me and a friend do not see the other's real aircraft mod

Postby Necolatis » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 pm

I suspect you didn't download the planes from the same location and even though its same plane it might differ, if you didn't do that.
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby Commando950 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:16 am

We had the same download location. Also apparently if we fly the same aircraft we can see each others aircraft but not otherwise.

So if we fly the same plane it works fine but otherwise no. Any ideas?
Last edited by Johan G on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the entire preceding post
Commando950

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:50 am

1. what version of FGFS are you and your friend running??
2. where did you download the other guy's craft from?
3. how did you download the other guy's craft?
4. where did you install it?
5. how did you install it?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Commando950 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:03 am

1. My friend is running FlightGear 2017.1.2 on windows. I am running it on Ubuntu from https://launchpad.net/~saiarcot895/+archive/ubuntu/flightgear. Yet I don't think that has anything to do with it.
2/3/4/5.We both downloaded our aircraft from the launcher itself. We don't really consider any other place and it's automatic obviously. Nothing different or anything. Standard aircraft anyone can download.
Last edited by Johan G on Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No need to quote the entire preceding post
Commando950

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:08 pm

ok, now, which craft is it that you're having a problem with? are both of you using the same or different craft?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Commando950 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:53 am

I was using the Grumman F-14B and friend was using the Zeppelin NT07. Neither of us could see the other person's real model unless we both used the same. When I used the Zeppelin like he was using I could see his model. Then I switched back and we could no longer our models.
Commando950

Postby AndersG » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:39 pm

That's odd.

Try mixing the Zeppelin NT07 with some other aircraft than the F-14B. Zeppelin NT07 + ufo seems to work ok here.
I think both the Zeppelin NT and the F-14B might do clever MP stuff and there could possibly be some odd interaction.

Another thing to check is whether the Zeppelin NT is installed in a directory named ZLT-NT, anything else is unsupported, but the launcher should do that right.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Callsign: SE-AG

Postby sidi762 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:06 am

I have the same problem...
It seems to be ok for a while, and after I updated it to 2017.1.2 it happens again.
Plz someone help...
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby sidi762 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:08 am

Or it might be a bug of only 2017.1.2 though
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Mike-G » Fri May 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi
I downloaded 2017 to day and have the same problem
when running ATC (Open Radar) i have a laptop running Flightgear and the Control Twr ATC display
today with 2017 it was only showing the default blue and yellow glider for all aircraft even though i had most of the common ones installed
so i booted up my old XP Desk top that had Flightgear installed and run the tower there, all aircraft were showing even though they were running on the 2017 flightgear software
the 2 displays sitting side by side on 2017(Win10) no aircraft showing 2016 (XP Pro) all aircraft showing

????
Mike-G
Mike-G

Callsign: Mike-G

Postby XRaySascha » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Hello to all, my first post here :D

I have the same Problem as explained above. For example: I chose the A-10 installed via launcher, than I can see every other Pilot who is also using the same model A-10, but all other aircraft are rendered as the blue-yellow glide. I have most common aircrafts installed due to the hints here in the Forum and above, but that dosn´t work.

Today I was close to an Multiplayer B747-8i parking in EDDF and discovered via mpmap02.flightgear.org. I only saw the blue-yellow glider at his parking position, so I installed the 747-8i and switsched to this new downloaded aircraft and I could see the other pilots model. As I switsched back to an other aircraft, the 747-8i was rendered as the blue-yellow glider again. I asked him if he could see my Aircraft model, and he saw could only see my aircraft as blue-yellow glider, too.

I am using flightgear 2017.3.1 on Windows 10

Has anyone some clues to this strange behavior?
XRaySascha

Postby RJ5576 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 pm

What is printed on the terminal?
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby Clive2670 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:56 pm

XRaySascha wrote in Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:19 pm:Hello to all, my first post here :D

I have the same Problem as explained above. For example: I chose the A-10 installed via launcher, than I can see every other Pilot who is also using the same model A-10, but all other aircraft are rendered as the blue-yellow glide. I have most common aircrafts installed due to the hints here in the Forum and above, but that dosn´t work.

Today I was close to an Multiplayer B747-8i parking in EDDF and discovered via mpmap02.flightgear.org. I only saw the blue-yellow glider at his parking position, so I installed the 747-8i and switsched to this new downloaded aircraft and I could see the other pilots model. As I switsched back to an other aircraft, the 747-8i was rendered as the blue-yellow glider again. I asked him if he could see my Aircraft model, and he saw could only see my aircraft as blue-yellow glider, too.

You must have the actual (EXACT) aircraft downloaded to see it, you may have the official flightgear hangar model, and the other model next to you may be a updated (new paintkit) which is not in your paintkit thus you will only see a blue/yellow glider as it can't render the new paintkit. This is the way I understand it, I may be wrong and someone with more knowledge will put me and you right
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby PINTO » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:14 pm

Nope thats not right, it checks the model name and sees if you have a model with the same name installed.

I’ve hidden aircraft development before by disguising the model name as a Cessna337 and it appeared as a Cessna 337, despite having 0 similarities internally other than the model name.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Return to Multiplayer