Board index FlightGear Support Installation

download add-on  Topic is solved

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

download add-on

Postby aces of the ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:04 am

How do i download add-on planes and airports etc.? I am on windows 7 Lenovo ThinkPad, running the latest FlightGear version
I am the aces of the ace, MVP
aces of the ace

Callsign: aces
Version: 3.5.1

Re: download add-on

Postby RJ5576 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:51 am

Add-on planes can be downloaded from the launcher under "Aircraft" - uncheck "Only show installed aircraft" and enter the name of your desired aircraft.

Add-on airports and scenery are automatically downloaded by FlightGear in-flight if you check "Download scenery automatically" under "Settings" in the launcher.
RJ5576

Callsign: RJ5576
Version: 2018.1.1

Postby aces of the ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:05 pm

thank you :)
Last edited by Gijs on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please only quote when not replying to a post directly above yours.
aces of the ace

Postby aces of the ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm

hi, but what about the location, i can't find KLAX in the locations
aces of the ace

Postby aces of the ace » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:44 pm

and also i can't download a6m and F-18, and most US navy planes that is in FlightGear
aces of the ace

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:36 pm

aces of the ace wrote in Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm:hi, but what about the location, i can't find KLAX in the locations

are you typing KLAX in the search bar?

aces of the ace wrote in Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm:and also i can't download a6m and F-18, and most US navy planes that is in FlightGear

it should be as easy as clicking on the blue [INSTALL] button in the launcher...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby aces of the ace » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 am

no
it should be as easy as clicking on the blue [INSTALL] button in the launcher...

I can't search the aircraft
aces of the ace

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:02 am

aces of the ace wrote in Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 am:

no

why not? when you are in the launcher and you click on "location" in the left side menu, you are taken to a screen where you can search/select the airport you want to start from... at the very top is a search field...
Code: Select all
Search: Enter an ICAO code, navaid or name, then press Enter

type KLAX in there and hit enter... then click on it in the list when it is shown... if there is an airport layout being shown, click on the [BACK] button to go back to the list of airports you have already searched... you do need to know which airport you want because there is no list like there is of aircraft... there is a list that is built from the airports you search...

aces of the ace wrote in Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:09 am:

I can't search the aircraft

same thing as above... click aircraft in the left side menu, you should see a list of installed craft... there should be the c172p and the UFO listed at least since they come with flightgear... in the top right corner is a search box you can use or you can scroll down the list... if you don't have any craft installed, click Browse at the top to the right of the blue [Installed Aircraft] button... that will take you to a list of craft available in the default hanger... you can keep the ratings filter enabled or turn it off... for now, turn it off so you can see all craft... scroll the list or use the search box in the top right...

earlier you mention the a6m... is that the Japanese A6M2 Zero? to find it, i entered a6m in the search box...
earlier you mention the F-18... it is found by typing exactly that and it is the F-18 Hornet Canadian Royal Air Force... there's one listed with a 3D cockpit and one that doesn't have that in its title... i don't know the difference between the two variants...
i typed "navy" and got a list of four craft that contain "navy" in their titles or descriptions... the A4F Skyhawk, the F4U-1 Corsair, the K5Y1 Tombo biplane trainer, and the US Navy ZF Free Gas Balloon...

i hope this helps because without pictures of what you are seeing, we can only make guesses... sometimes they can be pretty wild guesses, too ;)
this shouldn't be that hard...

NOTE: i'm running the very latest code so things may appear a little different on your screen... the current code should be released for public consumption in another week or two...
NOTE2: i have all of the craft available in the default FG hanger (aka FGAddon) installed...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Installation