Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

DUAL CONTROL problem

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

DUAL CONTROL problem

Postby agus99tin » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:18 am

Hi everyone! I`m new to Flightgear, and I`ve already flown several times. However, I wanted to play with a friend online -me being the pilot, him being the copilot- with Dual Control but there is a problem. First of all, there`s no issue at all when connecting to a server (we connected successfully in the Texas server and in the Germany server and we could see each other and so on). Nevertheless, we wanted to do the Dual Control stuff and, although I could see my friend on the list of pilots on the server (Multiplayer > List of pilots), when I select on the menu the "SELECT MP COPILOT", a box appears with a title "Pilots online" but nothing`s there, and my friend does not appear. We both have the same planes downloaded, same last version of the game, and tried it with the Boeing 747 -400 and the Airbus A320 (both have the option of Dual Control) and still the same result. Yo can see the how the box looks on the link below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1ikj ... WttUFJVckk
I believe it could be a problem of the code (when the windows aren`t sized properly). If anyone knows how to deal with this problem, please share it! Thanks a lot!
agus99tin

Re: DUAL CONTROL problem

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 am

IIUC, one of you has to select the craft in the pilot position and the other has to select the same craft in the co-pilot position... not all craft have this capability, though... in any case, whoever flies second seat must select co-pilot...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby agus99tin » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:18 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:29 am:IIUC, one of you has to select the craft in the pilot position and the other has to select the same craft in the co-pilot position... not all craft have this capability, though... in any case, whoever flies second seat must select co-pilot...

What do you exactly mean by "one has to select the craft in the pilot position and the other in the co-pilot position"? I mean, what I always do is launch Flightgear from launcher (there my friend and I select the same craft, same server, etc). But regarding the pilot position, do you mean the "pilot view"? In that case, my friend would have to select co-pilot view by pressing the "v" key and then just he would appear on the pilot list?
Thank you so much!
agus99tin

Postby AndersG » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 pm

No, one of you have to select the -copilot/fo variant of the aircraft.
You could fetch/install ZLT-NT (Zeppelin NT) and try the ZLT-NT and ZLT-NT-copilot aircraft.
Callsign: SE-AG
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:47 pm

AndersG explained it... yes, when you look at the craft in the --launcher, there's arrows to the top right of some of them... those are variants... in those with dual-control capabilities, one of you would choose the normal craft and the other would choose the copilot variant... then the pilot also has to select their MP copilot as you've been doing... it sounds like the only misstep is that your friend has not been selecting the copilot variant of the craft you guys are flying...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby gabrielftg » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:35 pm

Hey,

I'm trying to use the dual-control feature to fly with a friend. I tried it with c172p-pilot and c172p-copilot, as well as with DC3 and DC3-copilot, but none of them worked.

I'm now wondering if the models are supposed to be working and I'm just doing something wrong, or if the models need to be fixed. I'm running flightgear from Debian, so it could also be a problem with the packaging/distribution.

My question would be:

Is dual-control on the c172p working?

Thank you.

PS: Sorry if there's a thread for this question already, I couldn't find it.
gabrielftg

Callsign: PT-GAB

Postby FlugHund » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Last time I've tried, a few months back, the DC3's one was broken and for the c172p the feature was removed.
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby tonghuix » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Yes DC-3 not work
FG Manual Chinese Translation https://github.com/tonghuix/getstart-zh
tonghuix

Callsign: CPA112
IRC name: tonghuix
Version: next

Postby AndersG » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:18 pm

Try the Zeppelin NT (ZLT-NT). It still worked when I tried it last year.
Both players might need to start nearby (or preferably at the same location) for the mechanism to activate.
Aircraft (uhm...): Submarine Scout, Zeppelin NT, ZF Navy free balloon, Nordstern, Hindenburg, Short Empire flying-boat, ZNP-K, North Sea class, MTB T21 class, U.S.S. Monitor, MFI-9B, Type UB I submarine, Gokstad ship, Renault FT.
AndersG

Return to Multiplayer