Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Liveries

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Liveries

Postby Clive2670 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:29 pm

How do I add a livery to an aircraft (777-200) I have two variants Josh's version and the official FG hangar version when i put the livery into the livery folder in the models folder nothing shows up (On the official FG version) Thanks in advance
Thanks Clive aka: G-BLS01
Can be seen flying the Boeing 777-200LR
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
AMD R7-M260 graphics 2Gb RAM
Clive2670

Callsign: G-BLS01
Version: 2018.3.1

Re: Liveries

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 am

it depends on the craft... some use the built-in livery sub-system that enumerates the liveries in the designated directory... adding a new one is as easy as just dropping its directory into the livery directory of the craft and then starting the sim... other craft take another approach and code everything in...

a quick grep of the FGAddon 777 xml code seems to indicate that it uses the built-in nasal livery sub-system... looking in 777/Models/Liveries-200 i see a xml file and a png of the same name for each livery... the xml files appear to set properties for sim->model->livery property values for each livery... i'm guessing that the nasal livery sub-system uses those to set the craft's livery properties...

the above is basic and after a very quick 5 minute rooting about in the code with no actual testing...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Clive2670 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:18 pm

I have tried "dropping" the xml & png into the 200 777/Models/Livery folder, but without success (This is the flightgear hangar model) As I would assume that the likes of Josh's 777 variants reply upon the official hangar version to run, As when I uninstall the FG official version, Josh's version will not load, FYI I have tried the other way round as well by dropping the files into Josh's version (As this is the one that I use) And this fails to work as well. Here is the xml code so you can see if there is a flaw in it, It is for the Clone Air World livery for the 777-200.
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<PropertyList>

-<sim>

-<model>

-<livery>

<name type="string">Clone Air World</name>

<texture>Liveries-200/777-200-CAW.png</texture>

</livery>

</model>

<aircraft-class>gate</aircraft-class>

<aircraft-operator>CCA</aircraft-operator>

</sim>

</PropertyList>

Does this help? Cheers Clive
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:05 am

there should not be any reliance on any other craft for one to work properly... on the one hand, that is a decent idea but on the other, it makes folks have to install craft they may not be interested in at all...

on the code, something seems to be wrong with what you posted... there should not be any leading dashes on the four starting tags...

the only other thing is the format doesn't seem to be the same as those i pointed to in my initial message...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Clive2670 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:20 pm

Ok, wkitty42, This aircraft livery was downloaded from the Clone Air World VA http://www.cloneairworld.co.za/index.ph ... /fleetpage page. You won't be able to access any further than this though as you need to be logged in to download liveries. Should I contact the owner and point out that there may be aproblem with the livery for the 777? Cheers Clive
Toshiba laptop,
Intel i5 4210U,
16Gb RAM,
Clive2670

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:46 pm

i would try to find out which 777 craft they are using... you might also want to do the console thing and see if there are any error messages posted...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Installation