Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Atlas not showing terrain on new scenery

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Atlas not showing terrain on new scenery

Postby Skwawkdeez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:21 am

Hi All,

I've got Atlas installed and while it shows terrain on the default San Fransisco area map, its not showing it on the new one i.e. Ethiopia. It shows grids, VOR, fixes etc... and even tracks flights but no terrain
Skwawkdeez

Re: Atlas not showing terrain on new scenery

Postby radi » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 am

OSM buildings for LOWI, EDDC
Custom scenery for VHXX YMML
Edit .stg via the FG Object Placement Tool
radi

Postby Skwawkdeez » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 am

After installing Atlas, i went over the procedures on flightgear wiki on how to activate the maps using the command prompt. Its tracking the flight path, but no terrain. Just blank, like the ones you get if you hadn't installed anything

Also, in the scenery folder of the FG installation directory, i see .png of the default San Fransisco terrain, but not of the new one i installed
Skwawkdeez

Postby Alant » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:35 am

Check that you have created the maps correctly. There should be files with names like e001n40.png in your map directory. These files are normal png images which you can view.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby Skwawkdeez » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 am

I did, according to the procedures on the wiki. One thing i remembered though is that i used the SD version of the 10X10 map as opposed to the HD and then created the maps using the high res setting. Will go back and either get the HD version or create the maps with the low setting
Skwawkdeez

Return to Installation