Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

How to use ATC

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

How to use ATC

Postby xXsnipedoggyXx » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Hi, I just got flight gear and wondered about using ATC, I've been playing multiplayer for fun of it, I just lay like I have clearance. I also play on OS x, Imac, is there a button i should press?
xXsnipedoggyXx

Re: How to use ATC

Postby Progman » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:44 am

You can use the build in chat to chat with other players in game, including ATC. Sometimes the ATC is available in a mumble server you can use additionally.
Progman

Postby xXsnipedoggyXx » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 am

oh ok, anyone knows of a video or website that I can learn how to talk to ATC and use proper terms, thanks, I'm still learning.

and is the build in chat the built in chat? sorry just making sure its not
something different
xXsnipedoggyXx

Postby vanosten » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:47 am

xXsnipedoggyXx wrote in Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 am:oh ok, anyone knows of a video or website that I can learn how to talk to ATC and use proper terms, thanks, I'm still learning.

and is the build in chat the built in chat? sorry just making sure its not
something different

Yes, the built in chat is the built in chat. Some people use Discord or IRC for chatting outside of flying. And some people use Discord, Mumble or FGCom for voice chatting while flying as an alternative to using the built in chatting (after all doing typing and flying at the same time is difficult unless you are on autopilot). Search in the forum for the correct servers on Mumble / Discord.

You might want to start with the ATC Tutorial.
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:29 pm

xXsnipedoggyXx wrote in Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:10 am:and is the build in chat the built in chat? sorry just making sure its not something different

F10->Multiplayer->Chat Dialog
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Multiplayer