Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Concorde turns off mid-flight

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Concorde turns off mid-flight

Postby DaBossBuster » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:50 am

What I know is that the process is sped up by turning up the throttle and using afterburners. I know fuel isn't the cause, because there is still fuel when it turns off. Also all the instruments and electrical elements fail, so i think this may be the cause. What do I do?
DaBossBuster

Re: Concorde turns off mid-flight

Postby Thorsten » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:03 am

Is there fuel in the right tank? Fuel in a tank with transfer valves closed or no pressure doesn't help you run the engines...
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:03 am

The Concorde has many tanks that all go into four tanks -- one per engine using various valves IIRC.
So if you don't manage it appropriately, then you will either stall with imbalance problems (my usual problem :oops:) or run out of fuel. Problem is I never learned how to use the Concorde properly :P
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby V12 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:16 am

You need manage fuel.There are many fuel tanks, in basicaly, after take off switch on pumps on tanks 5, 7, 6 and 8, that pumps will feed main fuel tanks 1 - 4 with fuel. Tanks 9,10 and 11 are used for trim. Without proper trimming You never reach FL500 and Mach 2. For more information check http://wiki.flightgear.org/Concorde#Fuel_Management.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Return to Flying