Board index FlightGear Support Flying

The commercial aviation in FG - statement

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: The commercial aviation in FG - statement

Postby Octal450 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 pm

This is a completely pointless discussion. As in, I would rather watch paint dry or grass grow.....

So I will sum up my view on this very simply, and clearly.

1) Nobody is working on the A380 or 787 etc, and that won't change until someone decides on their own motivation to do so.
2) There is not one study level airliner in FlightGear. Not even one.
3) I can count on 1 hand the realistic airliners in FlightGear, which I consider to be mostly like the real aircraft. If you would like my suggested aircraft list, just ask.
4) I am developing 2 long haulers right now, one the MD-11/10, which should be out and stable within a month, and the not yet revealed A3XXFamily. This will be unveiled probably in early 2018. You said you were bored of 777, here are 2 new ones coming soon. There is also the KC-137R, which can do very long flights. Then, there is the 747-8i by tikibar, which I've seen you already flown a few times.
5) Developers may abandon their planes if they no-longer feel like working on them, or life gets in the way. I myself have stopped work and abandoned over 15 models, as I've found the type of aircrafts I want to develop.
6) There is nothing you can do about this! Since this all available for free, no-one is obliged to do anything.
7) Pavlin, you are perfectly capable of becoming a developer. Let me take an example, my friend Gabriel one year ago. He knew almost no English, and we communicated mostly through Google Translate. But he learned to program, and when he had a question, I could answer it and either have Google, or another friend Translate it. Now, a year later, he speaks English much better, and we can talk perfectly in English, and we program together alot. Pavlin, you know English definitely good enough to learn programming, in fact, talking to you on voice, I understand 95% of things you say. Text is harder, because of spelling. So -- if you want to fix for example, the 787. The 3D is good enough, you could learn simple programming, then move to more advanced, and suddenly, you have alot of knowledge!!! You could do it, and have another great plane to fly, and be proud of your work, and then, you will no longer find this issue of no commercial aviation.

I actually got into development because I loved Buckaroo's MD-81, and he had stopped working on it, so I took up the challenge of improving it, into what became my MD-88/90 family.

I hope you will read this, and take action. Everyone can do stuff if they want to. It just takes the initial "jumpstart".

@EMH333 Good point

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby PavlinSierra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:58 pm

I meant no harm.
I do not understand why everyone attacks me.
I just asked for help. I did not complain. I can do this with 777 and A320. And it will be boaring and unrealistic. I want to do it real, because my friend needs to calm down.
I am sick from your argument. You made me cry today. I can not stand you enymore. I never want someone to send me a computer. I will buy it myself. I am 28 years old, I do not need eny help.
I just asked for a favor. In responce I get 7 pages of criticism. You do not bechave like a grown up people, sorry. This is a attitude of teenagers trying to smash someone for dare to say his apenion.
For information of the most of you - I am a orphan. From a little kid I was beaten, I was insolten, I was kicked out from everywhere. I got sick, my brain is sliced 3 times! So, I do not understand why should I bechave good when every person I meet is attacks me on a personal level. Wecsje called me F* Idiot, insolting me about my music, Thorsten insolting me about my videos, V12 trolling on every multiplayer event hosted by me to suggest another routes, people " trying to help" does not know how to bechave with a stranger that they do not know! So, before criticism abpout my ungrateful attitude for this Simulator ask yourself - why so much pilots in this sim are gone and even across the internet I hear people to say " R.I.P. FlightGear". And do not ask me where I saw this comments. I will not tell you.
You made my question another irrelevant at crunchy topic. From todays on I will not create topics in here. Because I do not want to listen your apenions. They are for me out of the question and I do not care for your suggestions. Because you are all bachaving inaproeriate. So I do not want to listen to you enymore. One depression is enough. I do not need to kill myself from strangers tham makes me upset in internet.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Callsign: PavlinS
Version: 2016 4.4

Postby wlbragg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:49 pm

@PavlinSierra,

I wish you no harm. I wish you only happiness and prosperity. I would imagine most if not all of the people responding in this thread feel the same way even though it may not sound like it.

I think there is some translation problems here making this whole conversation seem darker than it is. Not only language translation but communication of ideas and thoughts are getting a bit skewed.

Do what you like to do, suggest what you would like to suggest.
Think about how your suggestion might sound if you were in the shoes on the other end.
Try to do some of the more simple things that you want to see improved. You can ask "how" and people will respond.

Most of us have misspoken or been misunderstood or simply not thought about how what we say might be taken. I've made my share of mistakes in expressing my ideas to the community. Learn from it, try to do better. That's all any of us can do.

Remember this is supposed to be fun and we are all here with a common interest.

I apologize if any of my words made you feel depressed and I will try to be more considerate of your feelings in the future. I would appreciate it if you could afford me the same courtesy.

You still have friends here.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby icecode » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:59 pm

I really don't want to get involved at all, but it's obvious that there is a huge language barrier. You all keep trying to reason with Pavlin despite his difficulty to understand what you are all trying to say. It's pointless to write 3 paragraphs of general advice and argumentation in "advanced" english if the person reading them doesn't even understand 5% of it.
icecode

Postby Alant » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:08 pm

I agree.

Looking at the various airliner FDMs in the past one thing that struck me was that many are direct copies from another similar aircraft. There is no wonder that the handling and performance is bad.

The 3D artwork is good,but unfortunately the aerodynamics is not.
Edit

Pavlin, you say that you are a commercial pilot. Which aircraft do you fly?

Alan
Last edited by Alant on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby Octal450 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:15 pm

+1
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby PavlinSierra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 pm

777 especially. But this topic is for another aircrafts. You can check me in tracker if you want. There has detailed information. here's the link to it:
https://fgtracker.ml/modules/fgtracker/?FUNCT=FLIGHTS&CALLSIGN=PavlinS
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Alant » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:50 am

Pavlin

Can we concentrate on only the aircraft that you most familiar with. If it is the 777, then we should communicate with the 777 developers. I am sure that they would like to hear from you.

There are very many aircraft in Flightgear. As I have already said, my opinion is that the FDM on most aircraft is of very low quality,

I am now retired but used to run the flight simulator at BAC Weybridge.

It is best to put your time into just one aircraft.,The big problems are (a) lack of publicly available aerodynamics data, and (b) lack of aerodynamics expertise available to FDM developers.

That said, most us here do our best.

Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 am

Thorsten insolting me about my videos

I'm sorry, but this simply hasn't happened.

I gave a critique of videos, making it clear what my POV is and why and I suggested improvements. If you feel insulted every time someone does not like what you're doing, then you're getting it wrong - that's not the meaning of insult. Like wlbragg I wish you no harm, but that doesn't equal that I'll have to like everything you're doing or that I have to agree to every one of your positions. I am well capable of not liking a video and yet respecting the person who made it - these are different things.
Thorsten

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 am

Thorsten wrote in Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:01 am:...If you feel insulted every time someone does not like what you're doing, then you're getting it wrong ...

+++
Very nice.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby PavlinSierra » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:10 am

Thorsten delete your messige. Is not part from the topic. V12 I do not want your apenion. You both can go express yourself in somewhere else. I do not want your comments. You are irrelevant to the subjest.
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby V12 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:25 am

This is free forum. We didn't violate any rules of this forum. Why we should delete our posts ? Thorsten wrote only clear right.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:29 am

No, I will (of course) not delete my words. You claimed something wrong about me (that I 'insulted you'), I clarified this in a polite manner because this never happened.

You won't get to say false things about what I did in this forum and then ask me to delete the clarification. It seems fairly clear by now that what you want is to say whatever comes into your mind and everyone else to shut up when it suits you - but no matter what problems you may have had in life, this is not how it works - sorry.

If you want to post in this forum, you will have to adhere to its standards, and not spreading falsehoods about other people is one of them. If you can not accept that, then this forum does not seem the right place for you.
Thorsten

Postby PavlinSierra » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:55 am

You was gave " positive critic" of my videos. There is not such think as a positive criticism. Is not wrong, you are just not smart enough to understand it. You made this topic trainrack with your unrelevant apenions. You should not post in here. Because you does not understand my words. Because you are only here to troll with your not eligible apenion. I do not care for your words, Thorsten, you are not welcomed to talk to me. Leave! Because I am sick from your stupid apenions!
V12 you wrote something completely unrelevant. This was a free forum - really? Is it free forum to make stupid messiges in here? You should leave too! You are not helping too! I do not need some straingers to gave me an a feedback for my way of thinking! I am not your boxing pear for your irrelevant and stupid comments!
PavlinSierra
Retired

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:24 am

There is not such think as a positive criticism.

Oh, there is - maybe you should think about the idea?

I do not care for your words, Thorsten, you are not welcomed to talk to me. Leave! Because I am sick from your stupid apenions!

I have two things to say to that:

1) If you don't want to be talked to by me, do not post in this forum. Otherwise, as V12 pointed out, everyone (including myself) is free to voice his opinion. And - once you write falsehoods about specific people, you should not be surprised that they answer.

2) Please mind your manners. Disagreeing with each other is fine, but calling people you disagree with 'stupid' is not acceptable, and if you persist in doing that, I will flag your posts for moderation.
Thorsten

PreviousNext

Return to Flying