Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

Meaningless UI messages with external JSBSim FDM  Topic is solved

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Meaningless UI messages with external JSBSim FDM

Postby ikaresu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:34 am

I am using FG 2017.2.1 as a visualization for an JSBSim simulation - e.g. running flightgear with fdm=external. I am using a more or less default output setup from JSBSim. Everything works fine, except for while flightgear is running, there is a small message in the center of the screen that says "Out of fuel!" - despite the fact that the plane is flying just fine. An examination of the property tree reveals that some of the fuel properties have values, while others don't. I also get a bunch of warnings about cabin temperature being too low. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these? None of the flightgear UI settings seem to help much. This happens consistently and on multiple machines.

Thanks!
ikaresu

Re: Meaningless UI messages with external JSBSim FDM  

Postby Thorsten » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:43 am

It sounds like these messages come from the rest of the airplane you're using for visualization (the 3d model + animation and apparently + scripts).

By default, FG doesn't print cabin temperatures on-screen, only very few airplanes simulate that level of detail.
Thorsten

Re: Meaningless UI messages with external JSBSim FDM

Postby ikaresu » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:16 pm

That was it, I was using the default c172p model - now I see where it happens in the nasal scripts. Thanks a bunch!
ikaresu

Return to Interfacing