Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Neglect?  Topic is solved

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Neglect?

Postby Lincoln » Mon May 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Not really trouble connecting or setting up a server. I got into atcing yesterday. But i dont know what Neglect does. I saw it mutes from someone. But i also get the idea neglecting prevents a user from coming to a airport. What does it do exactly?
Currently flying the 737-800YV / MD-11-GE / 747-400

GE90-115B for life!

Follow me to the sun on SXS98X!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Callsign: ATC_Lcn/RM01/SXS98X

Re: Neglect?

Postby EMH333 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:00 pm

If you are using OpenRadar, neglecting someone means that you are muting them as you mentioned but also darkens their radar blip(for lack of a better term). Worth noting muting actually just means darkening their chat messages. Because Flightgear is open, you can't prevent someone from flying but you can just ignore them. Often this is used if someone is being a troll or even as simple as them telling you to ignore them so they don't bother you. OpenRadar automatically neglects other OpenRadar and ATC-pie clients because obviously you don't need to control them :).
If you are talking about actually flying in FlightGear, then it just makes their plane disappear I believe.
Glad you decided to become an ATC, its a lot of fun and very rewarding!
EMH333

Callsign: EMH333

Re: Neglect?(solved) Whats the purpose of lennys website?

Postby Lincoln » Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 am

Thanks! Its clear! And i have fun atcing EHAM! Going to do it regular. At least one each day. When im sure of the times i can ATC. Ill post on lennys website :)

And whats the purpose actually of posting a atc session?

GE90-115B for life!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Postby mickybadia » Tue May 30, 2017 11:43 am

The slight differences in ATC-pie are:
- you can "ignore" radar contacts (similar to OpenRadar's "neglect"), they will turn into a faint "X" on the screen
- ATCs are not radar contacts, they are invisible (not neglected), but listed in the ATC list for handover strip drop
- you can also "blacklist" a callsign, to filter out their text messages completely

RubengamesenvlogNL wrote in Tue May 30, 2017 8:33 am:And whats the purpose actually of posting a atc session?

E.g. for pilots to know where and when to expect ATC service when planning a long route.
ATC-pie offers a way to do it from the system menu, without logging into Lenny's site and filling the location details. You can always edit your session there afterwards.

[EDIT: too much quoted from RubengamesenvlogNL]
mickybadia

Postby Lincoln » Tue May 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Okay! Does it also say like to other ATC at this time someone goes to ATC that airport?

GE90-115B for life!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Postby rx4 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:53 am

The system is not that good because you can change your callsign. I did that once because was neglected for the dumbest reason.
rx4

Callsign: WA-2538
Version: 2018.3.1

Return to Multiplayer