Board index FlightGear Support Installation Windows

Sqlite error: attempt to write to read only data base  Topic is solved

Installing FlightGear, scenery, aircraft etc. on Windows.

Sqlite error: attempt to write to read only data base

Postby Repair8PO » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:26 am

Win7 Pro X64 - FGFS 2016.2.1 16 GB RAM - 4 GB Graphic RAM
Using desktop FGFS2016.2.1 Icon to Invoke the simulator which brings up a summary of all installed aircraft.
All installed aircraft are FGFS official aircraft.

Simulator worked correctly on 2/7/2017, we left town until 3/9/2017 when I encountered the below Fatal Error;

"SQLite error: attempt to write to s read only data base; received from INSERT or REPLACE INTO stat_cache
(path_stamp) VALUES (?,?)"

No changes have been made to the system (Windows Updates, etc.) between the above dates - the system was powered off.

The simulator HANGS with "initializing subsystems" at the bottom of the screen, after clicking on "RUN". This message does not revolve as it normally does.
The only way out of the simulator is the CONTROL + DELETE where I see the SQLite error message, otherwise I would have no idea what had happened.
I noted references to scenery issues in two other related contacts. I am using Automatic scenery down load (Terrasync)..

Repair8PO
Repair8PO

Re: Sqlite error: attempt to write to read only data base

Postby Parnikkapore » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:45 am

Hi 8po!
This error is related to the Navdata cache. In order to fix this, go to %APPDATA%/flightgear.org (A folder, You can type this into the file explorer or Run.)
-If you find an fgfs.pid file, delete it first and tell us that you have.
-If that doesn't work, delete the file navdata_2016_2.cache (or the like).
-If that still doesn't work, RENAME the whole flightgear.org folder. This will essentially do a "factory reset".
There are free alternatives to (almost) every program you encounter. You just have to find them.
Parnikkapore

Callsign: HS-FGS
Version: next

Postby bugman » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:29 pm

Hi,

This is just the stale fgfs.pid file for making a second FG instance read-only. This is now well known to the FG developers. It has absolutely nothing to do with the navigation cache SQL database, but this error message threw the developers off-track for the 1-2 years the bug has existed. Deleting any navdata_*.cache files has no effect. This has been permanently fixed in FG 2017.1.2, as the PID file is no longer used.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby Repair8PO » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks so much for the quick responses, the %APPDATA%/flightgear.org in the Windows Explorer, took me to the flightgear.org folder and the fgfs.pid file, which contained 4-bytes of data was there, which I deleted. Reran FGFS and it restored everything and I am flying again. Many thanks for your support. This issue is RESOLVED. Repair8PO
Repair8PO

Return to Windows