Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

CRJ700 family goes canvas

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: CRJ700 family goes canvas

Postby DeltaSVEN » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:12 am

Hi there,

1. Apart from the bug that some parts of the Navigation Display disappear after changing the view direction, I just wanted to mention that the flightpath with the waypoints from the route manager is invisible in the current version from git.
I can not see my route in the ND, which is quite annoying for me because I now have to use the minimap more often :( And I also checked out every page of the ND but without success. Of course, I activated my route before testing.

2.Sometimes, I am not even able to open FlightGear with one of your familymembers.
The last words of the logfile are:

YASim SOLUTION FAILURE:
Insufficient elevator to trim for approach

3. Last but no least, the barometer setting still only effects the captain's PFD, the first officer still flies with Standard pressure.

Also the LNAV (Nav/FMS mode) has to be improved, but I think there is a separate topic needed :)

Thanks for your work so far,

CRJ-pilot Sven
Pilot / scenery developer
Talk to me in Mumble's "Deutsch" channel
My custom sceneries: https://github.com/D-Sven
DeltaSVEN

Callsign: D-SVEN
Version: next

Postby Hooray » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:20 pm

Hi & sorry for the late response.

I am not sure if/how the bug you describe is triggered - thus, it would be nice if you could try to reproduce the issue by using a different aircraft first, and possibly the canvas map dialog (equipment menu IIRC) to see if the same issues can be reproduced there.

Basically, that will tell us if the issue is specific to the aircraft in question, if it is ND specific or if it has to do with the underlying MapStructure MVC framework that is used by the ND/Map components to render each "layer".

For troubleshooting purposes, you can also use the dialog previously discussed here:

http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Protot ... play_Style

This should allow you to independently test different styles/modes and settings without necessarily requiring a fully set up airliner cockpit.

As you can seen in the screenshot shown above, the corresponding styles will also show the flight path (route manager) if everything is set up correctly.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby zacarias » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:32 pm

Sorry, but... where can I find the most up to date version of these aircrafts?
FG 2017.3.1
LinuxMint 18 Cinnamon 64-bit
Processor AMD A8-6600K
Graphics Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti
zacarias

Postby jsb » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 pm

For now please try https://github.com/d-jsb/CRJ700-family
I heard that github has changed their terms of service and that these changes might cause problems with some open source license so I guess I will want to migrate to the sourceforge repos some day.
jsb

Callsign: D-JSB

Postby jsb » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:32 pm

Oh, and btw, some bugs mentioned above are still on my 2do list...
jsb

Postby Johan G » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:02 am

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. ;)

jsb wrote in Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:31 pm:I heard that github has changed their terms of service and that these changes might cause problems with some open source license [...]

Having skimmed through the new GitHub terms of service, that looks like a misunderstanding. If one read through D. User-Generated Content it seems like everything is ok. :)

There seem to be sort of a default license (that while it does allow forking of public repositories, do that on GitHub only), but one can still apply open source licenses or any other licenses that can fit in a text file (and one will contribute to or fork a repository under the license of that repository).
D. 5. License Grant to Other Users
[...]
If you set your pages and repositories to be viewed publicly, you grant each User of GitHub a nonexclusive, worldwide license to access your Content through the GitHub Service, and to use, display and perform your Content, and to reproduce your Content solely on GitHub as permitted through GitHub's functionality. You may grant further rights if you adopt a license.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Kristogratia » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 pm

Hi!
It's been so long that I'm not updating the CRJ model.
I want to update it, but first, there are 4 questions that I want to ask.
First, do the ground spoilers already work properly now?
Second, I can't fly any CRJ NG series except CRJ 700 in my CRJ model version that I have now. Is that problem already solved?
Third, is the ND already work properly now?
And the last one is about LNAV, is it work properly now? Because in the version that I have, the LNAV start to works on the middle of the route.
That's all my question.

Regards,
Christogratia I. Simbolon
Kristogratia

Postby jsb » Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Hi Chris,

which version of CRJ700-family do you use (where did you download it)?
1) I believe they work, what was the problem?
2) What do you mean by CRJ NG?
3) With a recent nightly, the old NavDisplay is alive again, it is not part of the CRJ but part of FG
4) No idea, sorry.

I am working on the FDM as it has some problems, thus also the autopilot needs an overhaul later on.
And of course some issues are still reported and open, see https://github.com/d-jsb/CRJ700-family/issues
jsb

Postby DeltaSVEN » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Kristogratia wrote in Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:37 pm:And the last one is about LNAV, is it work properly now? Because in the version that I have, the LNAV start to works on the middle of the route.

I agree with Kristogratia in that point. The LNAV button is not just a button which faces the plane right towards a selected waypoint, like it does (not only) with the CRJ. That causes ugly maneuvers while passing waypoints during strong winds or high speeds.
The real Lateral NAV creates a direct, straight line between the current aircraft position or target [x] and the target [y]. From there on, making gentle turns to the next target [z] and so on. This ensures that the plane stays on the calculated airways, does not drift away and causes accidents. Look how it's been done on the famous Boeings (75/76/777) and Airbusses (330-200/320neo).
Unfortunately, these are the only planes in Flightgear which comply with the real thing and unfortunately, I don't understand a single letter in these codes :cry: otherwise I would likely fix this myself...
Would be a nice-to-have on this beautiful plane especially because that makes it even more attraktive (at least to me and Kristogratia :lol: )

If there are any questions, we can arrange an evening to meet on Mumble or elsewhere...

Cheers, Sven
DeltaSVEN

Postby Octal450 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:18 pm

I'm working on this exact thing -- an LNAV handler -- in my autopilot. I'd be happy to share that code with you once it's done?
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby DeltaSVEN » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Thanks Josh, great to hear! :lol:
DeltaSVEN

Postby jsb » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Maybe a little off-topic: I pushed some updates to my github/CRJ700 master. You are welcome to test and feedback.
If you have any idea, why MP sounds are gone, please let me know - maybe this is a problem local to my PCs and test setup.
jsb

Postby Kristogratia » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:57 am

jsb wrote in Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:01 pm:Hi Chris,

which version of CRJ700-family do you use (where did you download it)?
1) I believe they work, what was the problem?
2) What do you mean by CRJ NG?

I forgot which version I downloaded. I had upgrade to the new version about 5 days ago. I don't see anything changes after update the model.
I know you guys still work hard to make this aircraft better and even the best in FlightGear. So, good luck for you and all developers.
Then, what I meant by CRJ NG is, CRJ 700, 900, and 1000. They are called with CRJ NextGen, aren't it? CRJ 700 NG, 900 NG, and 1000 NG, aren't it?
That's all I think, once again, good luck for you and all developers.

Regards,
Kristogratia

Postby Hooray » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Note that lnav is relatively straightforward to implement, but that VNAV is more involved than people may think, and that getting it to work properly requires basically access to a so called performance database, or running a sub-FDM to simulate the flight dynamics within the systems section of the autopilot component - background at: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Implementing ... FlightGear
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Octal450 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:09 pm

I'm aware ;)
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft