Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

OMDB & OMDW

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: OMDB & OMDW

Postby swwon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am

Part of a big problem is, there is no set format that every developer is following for the custom scereries and each one is installed a different way, it would be so nice if all we had to do is click and drag and drop a new folder in the scenery section and it would all work. Some are just THAT easy, but many other arent...but anyways....After you have placed the folders in the appropriate scenery folders, you must then point fgrun to the omdb custom scenery folder and make a new line for each folder in it individually. With the project 300 in one line by itself then osm2city in another and so on until the omdb is the last of the string of seperate lines you put in order for fgrun to show it the way you want. You also must make sure that the standard fg scenery line and terrasync line is AFTER those command lines for OMDB custom scenery. Thats how I have it set and it works fine. I dont have the jetways though but Im okay with that.
swwon

Version: 2016.2.1

Postby surpii » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:05 pm

Copy everything to the corresponding Terrasync folder.
surpii

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:47 pm

if you do that (put your custom scenery files in the terrasync directories) with newer versions of FGFS, you will lose them if terrasync is enabled... this is because terrasync is a fully managed update system... new files are downloaded, true, but other files that do not exist on the server (old? obsolete? removed.) are removed from the clients' storage... you place your custom scenery files in your private custom scenery area and add that to the --fg-scenery line or setting in your launcher... getting the paths in the proper order does affect some things but not others... i forget if scenery is the one that is affected or not... i think it is and there is a specific order that custom scenery directories should be listed for them to take affect...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Lydiot » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:48 am

Thanks for the replies!

swwon wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am:Part of a big problem is, there is no set format that every developer is following for the custom scereries and each one is installed a different way, it would be so nice if all we had to do is click and drag and drop a new folder in the scenery section and it would all work. Some are just THAT easy, but many other arent...

I hear you.....

swwon wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am:but anyways....After you have placed the folders in the appropriate scenery folders,

Ok, let me just stop right there so I understand:

- Are you saying that I need to copy/move the folders from the downloaded folder into some other folders? If so, which ones? Which "scenery folders" are you referring to? My understanding was that if I place it in my terrasync folder then when it's on it'll overwrite custom files. So instead I should use a custom folder and point to it.

swwon wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am:you must then point fgrun to the omdb custom scenery folder and make a new line for each folder in it individually. With the project 300 in one line by itself then osm2city in another and so on until the omdb is the last of the string of seperate lines you put in order for fgrun to show it the way you want. You also must make sure that the standard fg scenery line and terrasync line is AFTER those command lines for OMDB custom scenery. Thats how I have it set and it works fine. I dont have the jetways though but Im okay with that.

That is partially what I did at first. I pointed to the "300" folder first, then "OSM", and then the entire folder that enclosed them and "terrain" etc. I now tried pointing to all of the folders individually with the same starting order. In either case I get the newish terminals, but without the new jetways. A380 planes don't show up.
Lydiot

Postby swwon » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:52 am

Lydiot wrote in Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:48 am:Thanks for the replies!

swwon wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am:but anyways....After you have placed the folders in the appropriate scenery folders,

Ok, let me just stop right there so I understand:

- Are you saying that I need to copy/move the folders from the downloaded folder into some other folders? If so, which ones? Which "scenery folders" are you referring to? My understanding was that if I place it in my terrasync folder then when it's on it'll overwrite custom files. So instead I should use a custom folder and point to it.

I put all my custom sceneries in the "scenery" folder in the fgdata directory. I think theres a custom scenery folder inside that as well, I dont remember if I made it or not, but yeah its there inside the "scenery" folder, along with the terrasync folder and a couple others. No need to put it anywhere more than just the scenery folder. NOT terra sync! Youre just going to be using "scenery" as a storage point that you will point FGrun to.
swwon wrote in Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:14 am:you must then point fgrun to the omdb custom scenery folder and make a new line for each folder in it individually. With the project 300 in one line by itself then osm2city in another and so on until the omdb is the last of the string of seperate lines you put in order for fgrun to show it the way you want. You also must make sure that the standard fg scenery line and terrasync line is AFTER those command lines for OMDB custom scenery. Thats how I have it set and it works fine. I dont have the jetways though but Im okay with that.

Lydiot wrote in Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:48 am:That is partially what I did at first. I pointed to the "300" folder first, then "OSM", and then the entire folder that enclosed them and "terrain" etc. I now tried pointing to all of the folders individually with the same starting order. In either case I get the newish terminals, but without the new jetways. A380 planes don't show up.

I dont get the jetways either anymore, I forgot what I did that made them go away, but I get all the airplanes and they work fine even AI traffic. Make sure you have AI traffic activated. Earlier in this thread someone explained how to have all the planes show cause I was having the same problem. I typically have to wait 5 minutes before the airport populates. Hope that helps.
swwon

Version: 2016.2.1

Postby Lydiot » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:27 pm

Ah, yes, not having AI on might be what's making the aircraft not show up.

I flew into KSFO yesterday though and didn't get jetways then either, so perhaps there's a different issue after I started pointing FGRun to other folders.... I'll poke around a bit more and see what I find.
Lydiot

Postby pommesschranke » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:04 pm

pommesschranke wrote in Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:14 pm:I noticed that AI Jetways are broken in 2016.3.1
here is a bugfix:
https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/ma ... /35381005/
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git

Postby Ernest57777 » Thu May 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Hi , nice scenery but i have problem with installation, planes spawns at desert, i know how to fix it but when i want export apt.dat in WED i gets a lot of errors. Can i fix it easily?
Ernest57777

Callsign: midal
IRC name: Ernest57777

Postby pommesschranke » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:38 am

I just pushed a new version. It includes some "shared models"

https://github.com/mherweg/OMDB-fg-CustomScenery

enjoy!
pommesschranke

Callsign: d-laser
IRC name: laserman
Version: git