Board index FlightGear Development

Carrier nasal/load script not executed with --ai-scenario op

FlightGear is opensource, so you can be the developer. In the need for help on anything? We are here to help you.
Forum rules
Core development is discussed on the official FlightGear-Devel development mailing list.

Bugs can be reported in the bug tracker.

Carrier nasal/load script not executed with --ai-scenario op

Postby mhab » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:51 pm

Hello

FG 2016.1
I seem to have run into the problem, that the <nasal><load> script </load></nasal> is NOT executed if I startup FG with launcher and option --ai-scenario=<some_carrier_scenario>
The scenario contains the carrier and is loaded, also the carrier is loaded but the script of the carrier doesn't seem to get executed.

If I select the scenario during runtime the carrier load nasal script is executed.

Is this a bug ?

Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Re: Carrier nasal/load script not executed with --ai-scenari

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:22 am

do you have the same problem with 2016.2? it was released 2016 May 17...

2016.3 is due in about 25 days...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby mhab » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:36 am

Hello

I dont't know about FG after 2016.1 I have too many local adjustments ;-) to change FG version every couple of weeks :-(
I don't plan to upgrade before beginning of 2017 (once a year must be sufficient)

However the problem might be different.
Loading the scenario doesn't necessarily mean that all parts of it are loaded immediately.
So if I startup in KSFO and load vinson scenario (where all models are 60nm away out on the ocean) it seems the carrier is loaded only if I am nearer than xxx nm to the scenario parts ...
I don't know if that is really so and if it can be configured.

Mike-DE
mhab

Callsign: D-MIKE
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:14 am

FWIW: since the beginning of 2016, FGFS has moved to a new release schedule so as to try to get bugs fixed and features added faster as well as getting them into public use faster... the current schedule it four (4) new releases per year... not just one or two like it used to be...

i know what you are speaking of on the scenario loading stuff... some folk have increased their bare LOD number to be able to find the craft in question... as far as configuring, it is possible that something might be done in the xml but i suspect that there's also some C code involved...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Development