Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

VATSIM-->OR

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

VATSIM-->OR

Postby oscar6662 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Hello once again my name is Oskar and I was thinking about that in Vatsim there are hundreds of Sector files in FG known as xml's or ORn routes, and the thing comes I was thinking to use that sector files with OR and that would be amazing with always the newest AIRAC'S. I've been watching inside OR and: C:\jocs\de\knewcleus\openradar\view\stdroutes if I am not wrong here is where I should edit the way to make xml's.
OKAY. I made this post to be 100% of the place where I need to edit and also if there is something worng I am doing or something I shouldn't do.

Thanks.
Todo bien todo correcto? Y yo que me alegro!!!
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Callsign: AA2234
IRC name: N/A
Version: 3.4.0.

Re: VATSIM-->OR

Postby CaptB » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:22 am

First, the VATSIM files are as up to date as the maintainer made them, some files are are old, like the Iceland SCT/ESE that are provided to me when I happen to control BIRD, in contrast the EKDK files that I use are quite up to date.

Second, the most popular file formats on VATSIM which are SCT and ESE are not XML and even if they were they are not compatible with Open Radar or ATC-Pie. I seem to have a recollection that vSTARS used XML, but that does not make it compatible. I have no idea about vERAM, but again, it will not be compatible.

What you can do is take the data files and see if you can either write a script that would convert it to something readable to Open Radar, or you have to do it manually.
Ongoing projects(3D modelling): A320, MD-11, A350, B767
FG767: https://fg767.wordpress.com/
CaptB

Callsign: EKCH_AP
IRC name: CaptB
Version: next

Postby Omega » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:11 am

CaptB wrote in Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:22 am:What you can do is take the data files and see if you can either write a script that would convert it to something readable to Open Radar.

I have already done this for my personal use. The main problem to tackle is you have to convert coordinates from deg,min,sec format (used by SCT and SCT2) to OR's decimal degrees.
This tool works well: http://www.zonums.com/online/coords/cot ... ?module=11 but it only accepts comma separators instead of dots, so some editing is required before you paste all coordinates in the tool.
Lastly, I wrote a rather ugly python script to parse these coordinates from a .csv file and add the necessary xml formatting.
This can also be done without writing any code at all, I presume that MS excel or a good text editor can achieve the same results.

Here is a conversion I did from an IVAO sector file of EHAA:

From what I see, ESE files will be the hardest to convert, while vSTARS/vERAM files actually seem to be even easier than SCT/SCT2, as they already contain coordinates in decimal degree format.
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul.
Omega

Callsign: Star,EHAA_CT,MIA0176
IRC name: Omega
Version: GIT

Postby jaxsin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:38 pm

Code: Select all
Decimal Degrees = Degrees + minutes/60 + seconds/3600

This should be extremely easy to integrate into a script.
jaxsin

Postby oscar6662 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Hey thank you for the replies. Once againg, when it comes to techonolgy I am slightly unaducated, (In the FG tech level) just for you to have in mind my tech level is that in school (I am 13teen) I am learning how to make a PPTX(PowerPoint) Presentation. So this is like a super hight level school, I've been watching tutorials and more tutorials, aswhell I am enrolled in a TechRocket Java Progrtamming course. As lsted in the tutorial to make a program I need Eclipse. I am using the Mars 2.0 and as I would do in a presentation I press File/Open I go to OR... and then I press on Stdroute.class but eclipse says= NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!!! And I am like; WHAT'S WRONG!!! and he repeats that again... So what I am asking you is how #### to open the OR .class files.

Thanks!
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Postby elgaton » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:46 pm

You'll need to open the .java files, not the .class ones.
NIATCA 2nd admin, regular ATC at LIPX and creator of the LIPX custom scenery
elgaton

Callsign: I-ELGA/LIPX_TW
Version: Git

Postby oscar6662 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:59 pm

Thank you I pressed 2 times over the java. first: nothing then in properities I switched eclipse as the opener of the program, but! That is what I see:
"yŬ‹Þ˜±\ÉÝà‚LþzÉ4¡{†ü›Þã‚•aı2z8´ù%ŽwÉ2úˆoÑÕ¦‘¨àÔ({°Ž
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Postby morlanius » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:00 pm

Its pretty easy to write up your own XML routes, I can help you if you want.
morlanius

Postby Octal450 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:15 am

Never gonna happen. OR and VATSIM (VRC, or EUROSCOPE) use completely different everything.

Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby oscar6662 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 am

Very helpful Josh.
Thanks of a lot of people in this drama especially avo ...
We've made a solution for the moment.
You need notepad++ or something that you now works equal.
on notepad++ press Ctrl+h(Thanks SHM) on left south pole of that window you will see an option ----Regular expression--- Should I say what comes after that???? 8) (Press it)
ON the search bar you need to put this thing A-V-O made:
([NSEW][0-9]{3})\.([0-9]{2})\.([0-9]{2})\.[0-9]{3}

on reemplce with..: \1°\2'\3'',
PRESS reemplace everything(optional)
Then you have just converted a .sct file to a .sct file with OR coordinates and a space in between lat long.

What you need to do to make something useful is: make an .xml file as you know make a route with multiPointLine and <point></point> CTRL+D so you dont need to be messing with copy paste because you need to copy the other thing you know...
Last thing you eed to do is delete a space in between , and W/E it will not read otherwise. Hope someone knows something to change that :).
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:27 pm

Okay sir's belive in A-V-O is the future he has made the big solution but not only one! He has made 2! one for OR and on for -Pie

With the permision of avo, Enjoy!:
It's the same as last post but the thing of the space is past now copy paste and copy paste. for OR

search box :
([NS][0-9]{3})\.([0-9]{2})\.([0-9]{2})\.[0-9]{3} ([EW][0-9]{3})\.([0-9]{2})\.([0-9]{2})\.[0-9]{3}

replace:
\1°\2'\3",\4°\5'\6"

for ATC-Pie:
search box:
([NS])([0-9]{3})\.([0-9]{2})\.([0-9]{2})\.[0-9]{3} ([EW])([0-9]{3})\.([0-9]{2})\.([0-9]{2})\.[0-9]{3}

replace:
\2°\3'\4"\1,\6°\7'\8"\5

Attention for windows users may be a problem (console displayed as failed to convert...) that means that there is a mess between signs(it happened to me) Micky has a solution to that I gotta ask him if I can publish it here and then the replace code is :
\2@\3'\4"\1,\6@\7'\8"\5

So you can deduce that you need to change the degree sign to an @ in the source code. If I am not wrong what you gotta change is, go to the data sub directory of ATC pie. there with notepad++ open the coord file (please make a bakup, dont wanna have my inbox with angry people) there on line 37 you will see a degree simbol alone, what you need to do is [the degree@]
)[°@](
That's how it ends hopfully it works if not with the permision of Micky will just send the file itself.
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Postby mickybadia » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:08 pm

Oscar got a little excited but for the better, and that is the way we like him :-)
Regarding the format in Pie, r10g now accepts d/m/s replacements (not @) for °/'/'' to avoid the encoding problems occurring with some configs re. the ° symbol. But more importantly, it provides a script to help extract drawing specifications directly from sector files. Good luck.
mickybadia

Postby Octal450 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 am

I'd like to convert to ATC-pie from either OR or VATSIM. I have some untested files from someone on the VATSIM forums (forget your name, sorry!). I'll test tomarrow.

Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby mickybadia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:20 am

it0uchpods wrote in Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 am:I'd like to convert to ATC-pie from either OR or VATSIM.

Three things to consider:
  1. the sectorExtract.py script packaged with the program: see short description in the README, and the step-by-step guide starting at "If you have a sector file" in current FAQ §3.2;
  2. bitwisetech's xmly script made to convert such contents between various formats, including Level-D and O-R, in all directions—I think he told me is was not happy about it enough to advertise it, but some have found it helpful;
  3. if you want ultimate control over the resulting drawing, avoid spending more time trying to save less of it: draw it yourself! It is easy to draw a few lines with a vector graphics tool over a transparent background.
mickybadia

Postby Octal450 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Thanks. I'll I've it a try when I'm home.

Octal450

Return to OpenRadar