Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

A call for FlightGear wiki logos for the 3rd party hangars.

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

Re: A call for FlightGear wiki logos for the 3rd party hanga

Postby bugman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:48 pm

Hi Dave,

Cheers, I've updated the info for the logo. Here is the list of aircraft from your hangar on the FG wiki:

[wiki] McDonnell F-4 Phantom II: Converted to the new aircraft infobox.
    [wiki] Republic F-105 Thunderchief: Converted to the new aircraft infobox.
    [wiki] F-80C Shooting Star: A version of this is present in FGAddon. Is the version in your hangar now different to the FGAddon one? If so, I think the article should remain for documenting the version tagged with each FlightGear release and maybe we should duplicate the article to document both aircraft.
    [wiki] Northrop T-38 Talon: Not sure what's happening here?! This aircraft seems to be MIA. There is a T38 version in FGAddon, from 2007 but last touched in 2011 by Erik. And, according to the article, there is a FGUK fork of your aircraft. Maybe I'll label this one as FGUK for now, but it looks like work in progress.
Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby bugman » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Note that I have split out all the discussion about the AUCAFLY hangar into the dedicated thread:

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Michat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:12 am

300px White Framed, padding.

300px NO Framed, transparent, no padding.

Dedicated to Emanuel's garçon et a la salut de tous " les classics-romantic" de FG.

Note: Emanuel I can provide you high definition, if maybe you want to print a T-shirt, or whatever. If you are agree with the final design ( you might want to suggest a claim change) just tell me, also we can renew your museum banner with this one.

I'll try to create and provide also a logo for this initiative-call thread for the lake of constance hangar, as for others hangars-companies whose I created some others, but I can't guaranty coherence, for example in the case of the horizon hangar, that were made with software of an old PC that doesn't works more nowadays.

Links to wiki:

[[File:Helijahlogo300whiteframed.png|thumb|Helijah Museum Logo]]

[[File:Helijahlogo300noframed.png|thumb|Helijah Museum Logo]]

I'll update when news coming.

EDIT: Guys your designs are awesome, those reflect perfectly your internal feelings-attitude respect aviation. I identify a mixt of Fighter Simulators, stars shining of airliners dreams, a high top-gun factor, plus a classic Dculp-inianism about da jet prop pasadenas lab era. All together with different approaches and skills, that is so funny, because guys you are awesome terrible, the good and I like most of this graphic thread is that is not a contest like usually. So be free to share your exciting designs, fresh-cool as they are.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby bugman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

Hi Michat,

Thanks for creating those banners for Emmanuel's hangar! They look pretty cool, and professionally done. If you have a svg version, I would suggest uploading that to the wiki too. These graphics may soon be appearing in the new aircraft centre (in the Qt interface that will become the default FG GUI), and the svg original might be quite useful there.

Note that as almost all of Emmanuel's aircraft are maintained by Emmanuel in FGAddon FlightGear hangar as well as the Helijah hangar, they will not show much with the current testing aircraft infobox. However I am considering adding an optional section at the end of the infobox listing the hangars of origin from newest to oldest. It might simply have a title and then show the banner graphics or text one after the other, in a smaller size.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Michat » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Howdy FG'ers.

I've just trying to upload the .svg file to the wiki but I'm receiving an error:

There was an error in your submission

This wiki does not accept filenames that end in the extension ".svg".

Available a copy at https://cloud.openmailbox.org/index.php/s/sw7cZjNMAe1Vfxf

Be free to add it at wiki, in case you are able to submit .svgs.

Salut
Michat

Postby bugman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:53 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I've reported the problem and asked for SVG support on the wiki: [wiki] FlightGear wiki:Village pump#SVG graphics support?.

Cheers,
Edward
bugman

Postby daveculp » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:40 pm

Edward, how do we handle multiple variants of a given airplane? For example, I have many variants of the F-4, and each is packaged as a separate model. Can we put them in a single F-4 page with multiple links to the variant downloads?

Also, there are other versions in the FGUK hangar, which are different enough to earn their own page(s).

Cheers,

Dave
daveculp

Callsign: DCulp
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby bugman » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:02 pm

daveculp wrote in Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:40 pm:Edward, how do we handle multiple variants of a given airplane? For example, I have many variants of the F-4, and each is packaged as a separate model. Can we put them in a single F-4 page with multiple links to the variant downloads?

Many is a slight understatement ;) Does each sit in its own Aircraft/ directory? If not, is anything shared between them? How do you handle this in the new aircraft center XML catalogue? And how would you ideally design this?

Normally the variants are in the same directory (from what I've seen) and then you can just specify each one via the fgname parameter (in the new template separated by "/"). We cannot use the #titleparts: function for the download links, as the download parameter is a URL. But maybe I could have multiple download parameters (download, download2, download3, etc.). That then makes it difficult to differentiate the different download icons. Would you use this? I wonder if there are other examples of this.

Also, there are other versions in the FGUK hangar, which are different enough to earn their own page(s).

I don't think the FGUK have used the wiki very often, but they do have a lot of aircraft that would warrant their own pages. A lot of their work has been contributed back into FGAddon, but my impression is that there are plenty of aircraft over there that are quite unique (or in development).

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby daveculp » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:36 pm

OK, it looks like I'd need a page for each model of F-4 (I guess "variant" is not the right word). Looks like I'll be busy :)
daveculp

Callsign: DCulp
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby Michat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:57 pm

Howdy I've updated a banner for The Lake of Constance hangar. Hope you like it.

[[File:Lakeofconstance.png|thumb|Lake of Constance Hangar Banner 300x]]

Salut.
Michat

Postby bugman » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Thank you! That really looks awesome on the wiki pages :D

Cheers,
Edward
bugman

Postby Michat » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 pm

I though It will match the requirement. Now I realized that it does fairy good.

Is there any example for helijah hangar? I wish to know it if also match the purpose.

Recently I did a logo for LucasAir, based on a good FG'er video producer, friend, and best pilot of FlightGear with head set on-looking. Just tell me if is needed.

Yesterday working on a FG logo called "The Sprite". Almost finished 99.99%

http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Fglogothesprite.png

And finishing the logo for HerbyW Russian aircrafts for tundra, taiga, or savannah. WIP

http://wiki.flightgear.org/File:Herbywlogo.png

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If for sure I'm telling that is a GNU, is because I have his balls in my palms. And horns in my ass.

My GRUB looks like a billboard. My resolution is wrong, Inkscape is missings buttons, but don't go upgrade, you'll miss compatibility.
Drivers, I must to install, and some other components, Holly crap, ABP (addblock Plus) is not working on da Browser .release.

Thanksfully I received lights from D-Laser, lasers beans. So little bit blind by the lot of info to manage.....

I can confirm that is a GNU... I have his balls in my palms and the horns in my ass :?

GNU is not UNIX....

GNU is not UNIX....

GNU is not UNIX....

No way, doesn't work, can anyone get out and wake up this buffalo from my back.

lol
Last edited by Michat on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michat

Postby oscar6662 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:40 pm

MICHAT ERES EL MEJOR!!!
Todo bien todo correcto? Y yo que me alegro!!!
#keepKSFO

Sir. Berenguer
oscar6662

Callsign: AA2234
IRC name: N/A
Version: 3.4.0.

Postby bugman » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:10 pm

It is an awesome match :)

Michat wrote in Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:19 pm:Is there any example for helijah hangar? I wish to know it if also match the purpose.

I haven't found one yet. The problem is that Emmanuel has added almost all his aircraft into FGAddon, so the articles are under the FGAddon hangar banner instead. If I do find an article, I'll try it out (but Emmanuel might see it, upgrade the aircraft for the most recent FlightGear versions, and commit it to FGAddon). I am thinking about an option for documenting the hangars of origin, so it will probably be useful there. In the mean time, I have used it on the Category:Helijah hangar wiki page.

Recently I did a logo for LucasAir, based on a good FG'er video producer, friend, and best pilot of FlightGear with head set on-looking. Just tell me if is needed.

There's no mention of LucasAir on the wiki, so we can't use it there yet. We'll see in the future if it is needed.

Yesterday working on a FG logo called "The Sprite". Almost finished 99.99%

That's an interesting variation on the theme :)

And finishing the logo for HerbyW Russian aircrafts for tundra, taiga, or savannah. WIP

There are a number of HerbyW aircraft on the wiki. I may have to split some of them so that both these and the original FGAddon aircraft they derive from are documented. I could use this logo now, for example:

As Herby hasn't made new attempts to integrate his aircraft into FGAddon, I'll create the HerbyW hangar for the wiki.

Cheers,
Edward
bugman

Postby Michat » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:57 pm

@oscar6662 thank you. I've heard that you are an amazing ATC early student in Real Life 20 years before you'll be allowed to exercise the activity by legal age. Also I have heard that you are learning programing this summer until future ATC. Yeah ¡

Also I've heard that you still are not allowed to fly at EDDF (jommo), Fiuhhhhh. What can I say. "Read the chat for the latest info" be patient, and change the voice AND OR play the piano as you well know. HEHE lol.

@bugman

1.Helijah. Oh yes FGAddon included.
2. Copy that.
3. It is a good remake.
4. Yes you can use the Herbyw logo now if you want, then I can updated to the finished version (similar to this one). Yes, he has Git Hangar.

Thank you FG'ers
Michat

PreviousNext

Return to The FlightGear project