Just a thought

Just a thought

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:43 pm

So lets look at something:

I is just a useless FGMEMBERS developer

Am I then? AM I?

Lets see:

Q: Why does I push work to FGMEMBERS?
A: I found it on the internet, and found all the planes there, in one place.

Q: Is I the evil hijacker from FGMEMBERS?
A: No, I'm a teenager who enjoys aviation, and coding. I found FGMEMBERS through Free Flight Free Speech, and I found that from the 727 dev topic on this very forum. I have never intentionally caused harm to anything.

Q: If I is a teenager, isn't he stupid?
A: No. Even from early age, I found myself very knowledgeable with computers and aviation. (not trying to brag)

Q: So is I really a useless, evil, FGMEMBERS hijacker, who should revert all his work and stop developing?
A: You answer that yourself.
Last edited by Octal450 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Re: I am useless! Devs are unwanted! Who knew? I am useless!

Postby Hooray » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:49 pm

I don't know what the point is of all this, let alone the surrounding context - but could you possibly discuss this with the corresponding people in private ?
Let's not have another fgmembers discussion here - I really don't want to get even more warnings, let alone get banned, for participating in those ...
So if someone offended you in some way, feel free to get in touch with that person.

Besides, I think you have seen that some of us have actually helped you with your wiki article, and with feedback regarding the code you've written - which would seem to suggest that people who are able to write code seem to respect your work - not sure why you would be bothered by things others say or do ...
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Octal450 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:50 pm

This is not an FGMEMBERS discussion, maybe this is the wrong forum, believe me, all these FGMEMBERS discussions are stupid. But I'm tired of being accused of this stuff!
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby bugman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:56 pm

I don't know who said that, but it is uncalled for! By the way, I will soon be expanding the {{User:Bugman/Infobox Aircraft}} testing template and will add the it0uchpods hangar option. I look forward to your banner and logo ;)

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Hooray » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Besides, if someone sent you a corresponding PM, you can forward it to a moderator and let them handle it.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:59 am

Hooray wrote in Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 pm:Besides, if someone sent you a corresponding PM, you can forward it to a moderator and let them handle it.

Not a PM, its been talked about.

Rgds,
Last edited by Octal450 on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Octal450

Postby Thorsten » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:05 am

Neither google nor the forum search gave me any hits for the string "it0uchpods is just a useless FGMEMBERS developer" besides the one you posted.

Without such context, the whole thing is a bit meaningless.

(I do hope you're equally outraged at all the Nazi stuff happening on the other forum by the way...)
Thorsten

Postby bugman » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 am

I have added the support for your hangar to the testing template:

For your 'development' and 'download' parameters, I have used the {{github url}} and {{github zip file}} templates to automatically generate the URLs based on the 'aircraft' parameter. I have added an example to the template, but you can also see it in action at:

Please also seek permission from the original authors for modifying wiki pages. In this example, the origin was the Andino hangar, which still exists. If the author wishes to keep the original article about their hangar, please talk to me on the wiki about options for creating a new wiki article. There is no problem having multiple articles.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Postby Lydiot » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:03 pm

Thorsten wrote in Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:05 am:(I do hope you're equally outraged at all the Nazi stuff happening on the other forum by the way...)

20 years from now you guys will still be yapping about this, won't you?

And FGMembers members are the ones being accused of perpetuating this conflict.... sigh....
Lydiot

Postby curt » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:25 pm

Thorsten wrote in Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:05 am:Neither google nor the forum search gave me any hits for the string "it0uchpods is just a useless FGMEMBERS developer" besides the one you posted.
Without such context, the whole thing is a bit meaningless.

As best as I can tell, someone said this in passing on mumble. @itouchpods: it is fair to be upset about this. @itouchpods: the way you posted this quote here without followup or explanation implied that someone here at the forum had posted it. As far as I can tell that was never the case.

Thorsten wrote in Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:05 am:(I do hope you're equally outraged at all the Nazi stuff happening on the other forum by the way...)

A person has only to search some keywords like "n*z*" and "dict****" to see that certain individuals on the other forum do enjoy cultivating an atmosphere of anger and contempt towards specific people and this forum. And you can see that some of the references are only a few days ago. So as long as they continue to use this language, the criticism is valid. Obviously it is only a few people that do this, but no one seems to notice over on the other forum when these things are said. I guess that's a good thing if the angry accusations over there mostly fall into a black hole?
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby ausdkunst » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:46 pm

it0uchpods I hope you are feeling fine now. I had similar problem with this community in the past because I made cars instead of planes. I was enjoying what I did (modelling, picking colors for the car :P, driving to some weird places to find out how deformed some of the terrains are haha) and I felt that Flightgear can be a good place to do these sort of things (no other simulator/game offer you a map as big as FG). However, some people disagreed (and I was fine with that) and started telling me I ruined the simulator. To be honest, if they didn't like what I did, they didn't need to click to the post or download my projects. At that time I felt quite sad and decided to stop making 3D models for FG. Now I view these things differently. If I meet these people online again, I report them without thinking it twice. I hope you can get over this and enjoy what you are doing! :P
BULLDOG RS (The No.1 place for Flightgear automobile): https://bulldogrs.wordpress.com/
ausdkunst

Callsign: bulldog
Version: 2016.2.1

Postby Octal450 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:26 pm

Thanks for your kind words. I have now resigned from Mumble, its just getting worse on there. :(

Octal450

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 pm

Oh no... use your own private server, and get away from them :(
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Return to 3rd Party Repositories